jimi

Original Singer 45K Users Manual

I downloaded the manual even though I don't have this machine..........yet. :rolleyes2:

Welcome to another Aussie on the forum :thumbsup:

On 2015. 2. 9. at 오전 4시 18분, Constabulary said:

와우 - 내가 본 최초의 완전한 Singer 45K 사용 설명서입니다!!!

위대한 발견 지미 :스페쿨:

나는 사진을 다운로드하여 약간 수정하여 PDF 파일로 만들었습니다.

너가 좋아하길 바래:

직접 다운로드 링크: Singer 45K 사용 설명서 / 사용 설명서

직접 다운로드 링크: Singer 45K 서브클래스 설명

I can't even download the file.

I want to thank you all so very much for this collected archive of manuals. I have recently obtained 45ks.v83 which has been particularly elusive to find info on. I have via the serial number found its batch year and manufacturing location. So far nothing on the version anywhere other than mentions of the 's' being a Saddler. 

Being able to see these priceless manuals here is vital as I preserve and use this machine. So many Thanks. 

bobbin.jpg

reno.JPG

serial.JPG

top.jpg

can you post a close up picture of the face plate or the lower tension unit - looks like something is missing there (not 100% sure though)

14 hours ago, Talisien said:

I have recently obtained 45ks.v83

I saw that on FB Marketplace - originally the model was unlisted, and I suggested the seller identify it- it resembled our 45K machines.
I was guessing the SV perhaps meant 'special version' ?  'Saddler' to me seems unlikely as so many 45K machines went into the saddlery trade and were not SV named.

There are similarities in them  though.  I haven;t previously come across an 83 though.
All the best with yours.  They take the same needles as the 132K6,

On 11/2/2022 at 12:17 AM, Stewey said:

I was guessing the SV perhaps meant 'special version' ?  'Saddler' to me seems unlikely as so many 45K machines went into the saddlery trade and were not SV named.

There are similarities in them  though.  I haven;t previously come across an 83 though.

My reference to the 's' as saddler was from postings on this forum predominantly and some mentions in the serial number listings from the factory. Only occasionally is the 's' version listed as a side note re-factory inventory.

I haven't found the 'v83' anywhere. Quite elusive. 

All incidental really. The machine is running well and has been stored dry so should go another 100 years. Well pleased to add it to my workshop as I get into tight spaces. 

On 11/1/2022 at 2:03 PM, Constabulary said:

can you post a close up picture of the face plate or the lower tension unit - looks like something is missing there (not 100% sure though)

You are very right Constabulary :) Well spotted. Thank you! Had missed these issues until today when renovating and repairing this beast. 

The post guide on the left has been broken and the retaining wire is also missing. All is good on the retaining wire as I have some spare but I may have to do a bit of repair for the thread post? 

45k.jpgmissing.jpg

bench-remount.JPGtopcoat.jpg

Edited by Talisien
Typo