ClayB

LW main page

I just noticed some changes have been made to the home page and it's kinda neat like that.

When I log onto Leatherworker, I usually come straight to the forum and I think a lot of people do. I think there are probably even quite a few people that don't know about the main page. I was wondering if there is a way to put a button on the forum someplace that would take you to the home page??? There's lots of good information there that people can use and it might be nice to have an easy way to send them there.

I second this thought wich have struck me a few times. I always forget that there is a good conversion table there for me to use since I'm metric just because the link on top is so invisible.

Tom

Ok, it has been pointed out to me that there is a link. What the heck! Right there under the banner. Now I have to think up an excuse for not knowing it was there. Um.......

Ok, it has been pointed out to me that there is a link. What the heck! Right there under the banner. Now I have to think up an excuse for not knowing it was there. Um.......

OH OH! I got one for ya....... It's too small! That beautiful banner overpowers the link!

/hands my glasses to Clay! :thumbsup:

Maybe a nice big button would be kewl!

William

Thanks William for trying make this not look so bad for me. Sad thing is I HAVE my glasses on, and I still didn't see it! At least as far as embarrassing moments go, this is nowhere near the top of the list.

I think the button should flash in different colors, maybe that would help.

I usually come into the sign in page and then click view new posts, I have been meaning to change this to go straight into the new posts as I am never away long enough to need to sign in, Which I have just done so.

I have to admit I do not often go to the main page but the recent Verlane thread has made me aware of it again.

I think I always knew about the link though.

I think the button should flash in different colors, maybe that would help.

Well flashing colors may degrade from the quality of the rest of the sites main colors since it'salong the top of the page. I think the larger than size 1 text would help lol.But if colors helps you see it maybe try suggesting it to Johanna.

If your gonna do anything to it, might I suggest relocating it's position.

Lower it so it sits below the address path of where you are sits. That way it will be slightly more visible when you scroll down.

I do believe as the logo os on every page you don't look at it very often so separating the link from this area might help.

Looks good. I like the disclaimer, Johanna!

Usually ClayB gets me to thump my head against the keyboard with mysterious computer questions...this one was refreshingly different!

Remember when the server crashed and we (gasp!) went offline for a short time? Always check the main page for updates in a crisis situation.

Denise, I wondered if anyone would notice the disclaimer....

Johanna

I saw the disclaimer scared me at first but then thought it was quite funny :bike:

I hate to say it, but Clay would not see the word "Forum" on the home page even if it was the only word there. He doesn't see the word "Women" on the bathroom door, even when there's a little picture of a person with a skirt on right beside it. Maybe he needs to stop wearing those play glasses when he's on the computer and go ge some new ones. Ira Cooper has some good magnifiers. Perhaps 3.5 would help out a bit. Maybe he has something stronger. Would a seeing eye dog help? How about some braille? Maybe he needs his own personal GPS. Golly gee whiz, you know what? I don't think there's any hope for Clay! He must have concrete in his eyes.

I hope you can grow old gracefully, Clay!

Your fantastic friend,

Kathy

(With friends like me, you don't need any enemies!)

Johanna, I think this is a crisis situation! Should we send an ambulance for Clay?

Edited by yaklady

He doesn't see the word "Women" on the bathroom door, even when there's a little picture of a person with a skirt on right beside it.

Is that what that is? OH!!! I thought that room was for the Scots. Whew, that would've been embarrassing.

Btw, Johanna, if you haven't been finding many tutorials being sent to you, you might change the link on the main page to "admin@leatherworker.net"

Edited by TwinOaks

Thanks Kathy, I knew I could count on you for moral support!!!

Maybe it was spelled wrong on the link too??? I'd look this morning but I cant see things that small without my glasses. It would probably look like it was written in Scottish!

At least keep the ambulance on stand by. I'm gonna be guiding a bunch of deer hunters through the badlands today. We got a couple inches of new snow on top of the mud from the old snow, walking is gonna be tough, but on the up side, the 50 mph winds are supposed to go down towards evening! Sure does seem like it would make more sense to spend the day in my shop.

Edited by ClayB

Thanks Kathy, I knew I could count on you for moral support!!!

Hey, what are friends for? I only pick on the people I like. You get picked on a lot!

Kathy, exactly what part of the yak are we looking at in your avatar now, and why are their gallows on your profile page? You don't hang the yaks you murder, do you?

For those of you who don't know the backstory, ClayB met Kathy when he walked into the ladies room at a trade show. I'm sure Kathy was surprised! It is a little confusing how eyes that can see to carve feathers on a buffalo can miss the women sign, or the link that lives at the top of every blessed page of this forum, but...maybe it's time for someone to break down, admit the presbyopia, and get the glasses... I had to do it (grumble grumble) two years ago. Kathy is only 29 (she must have had her kids in her infancy) so she doesn't need glasses yet.

ClayB has also never noticed that all the sprikles were gone from the doughnuts by the time he and his dog got here in the morning for coffee. That's why we tell people not to eat them. The dog has Alpo breath, and the doughnuts taste like it.

I am so glad I am not trekking through the snow looking for anything in 50 mph winds today. I am on my way out the door to help a little old lady from church who got suckered by a national ISP into making amess of her computer. Here are the gory details, if you are bored.

http://www.windowsbbs.com/general-discussi...s-old-lady.html

Johanna

Kathy, exactly what part of the yak are we looking at in your avatar now, and why are their gallows on your profile page? You don't hang the yaks you murder, do you?

For those of you who don't know the backstory, ClayB met Kathy when he walked into the ladies room at a trade show. I'm sure Kathy was surprised! It is a little confusing how eyes that can see to carve feathers on a buffalo can miss the women sign, or the link that lives at the top of every blessed page of this forum, but...maybe it's time for someone to break down, admit the presbyopia, and get the glasses... I had to do it (grumble grumble) two years ago. Kathy is only 29 (she must have had her kids in her infancy) so she doesn't need glasses yet.

ClayB has also never noticed that all the sprikles were gone from the doughnuts by the time he and his dog got here in the morning for coffee. That's why we tell people not to eat them. The dog has Alpo breath, and the doughnuts taste like it.

I am so glad I am not trekking through the snow looking for anything in 50 mph winds today. I am on my way out the door to help a little old lady from church who got suckered by a national ISP into making amess of her computer. Here are the gory details, if you are bored.

http://www.windowsbbs.com/general-discussi...s-old-lady.html

Johanna

Hi Johanna,

The yak on my avatar is my bull, Yogi, begging for a yak snack. His chin is up on the fence and he's burping in my face. It's a close up looking up his nostrils. That's something Freak would appreciate. He seems to like nostrils and what's in them. On my profile, that's my daughter who I murdered at a ghost town in Montana this summer. She didn't stay dead, she got up asking for food! It was easier hanging her than it would be to hang a yak. Here are bigger pictures for your viewing pleasure.

Leather_pictures_205.jpg84truck_007.jpg

They came out fuzzy when I made them bigger again. Stupid pictures!

I don't believe I was as surprised as Clay was when he came into the bathroom. I knew I was in the right place because, like you said, I'm 29 and don't need glasses.

Suppose Clay found anything while trekking through the snow in high winds on Friday? Since what he was looking for was big, maybe he found it. I hope he took his glasses!

Kathy

post-1462-1226933847_thumb.jpg

post-1462-1226933890_thumb.jpg

:NEWFUNNYPOST:

[snip]

On my profile, that's my daughter who I murdered at a ghost town in Montana this summer. She didn't stay dead, she got up asking for food! It was easier hanging her than it would be to hang a yak. Here are bigger pictures for your viewing pleasure.

[snip]

So Yak-killing isn't enough for you, huh?

Clay, you probably should watch out. . . There are some dangerous individuals here. . .

L'Bum

Usually ClayB gets me to thump my head against the keyboard with mysterious computer questions...this one was refreshingly different!

Remember when the server crashed and we (gasp!) went offline for a short time? Always check the main page for updates in a crisis situation.

Denise, I wondered if anyone would notice the disclaimer....

Johanna

"Short time"?! It seemed like weeks!

Suppose Clay found anything while trekking through the snow in high winds on Friday? Since what he was looking for was big, maybe he found it. I hope he took his glasses!

For those of you that are wondering, all my deer hunters got their deer. I wasn't really looking for one myself, I mainly just guide. Everyone except my daughter just had doe tags, so nothing really exciting for them. My daughter got a nice muley buck. She's begining to think there isn't so much to this deer hunting thing, her second nice buck, and this was only her second year actually hunting. All my kids started hiking with our group of hunters when they were 3-4 years old, so they have had some experience even before they were old enough to hunt. Here a couple pictures of Jessi's deer, one with dad, the other with her fan club. DSCF0209__Large_.JPGDSCF0211__Large_.JPG

Clay, you probably should watch out. . . There are some dangerous individuals here. . .

Don't worry L'bum, if I need a body guard, I'll hire my little girl. She's a pretty good shot.

post-12-1227142402_thumb.jpg

post-12-1227142450_thumb.jpg