Howdy folks, this is the first bag that I have made back in November. I had seen some really cool designs on the net but could not afford the price tag so decided to try it myself. I went over to Springfield leather and asked around, they pointed me to some 5oz chrome tan leather and solid brass hardware. Copper rivets and some poly thread later and began my project, to say that I was nervous was an understatement but I think it all worked out great. The bag is very comfortable and tough, I carry it with me everyday with all my stuff inside and no complaints so far. The saddle stitching was slow but really fun and the straps can be clipped together for satchel type carry or separated to use as a backpack. Anyway here are the pics, enjoy!

20141011_171149.jpg20141011_171214.jpg20141011_171230.jpg20141011_171240.jpg20141011_171314.jpg20141011_171339.jpg20141011_171344.jpg20141011_171356.jpg20141011_171427.jpg

It might not be the prettiest girl at the prom, but I think it looks great to me. It has a certain old rustic flare to it that is very appealing. It looks like you should get many years of service out of it, and it will look even more awesome as it gets more distressed.

I recently made my first bag, and they are super tough to get everything lined up pretty. That bag should last a long time. Keep up the good work.

I love the rustic/distressed look of that bag, good job!

Great job! It looks rustic and cool.

love the fact you took this project on. It came out great very appealing look :) are you going to make a second one ??