I'm making some fashion items using 8-10 oz skirting leather that I skive down to 3oz to set snaps into. I'm using # 21 snaps that I get from Sheridan Leather. My last time on this site researching the best way to consistently set snaps is ongoing because successful setting is still inconsistent.

I also have this vague memory of seeing a message about someone who makes snaps with a business logo/brand on it which I haven't found in the subject thread. I'm interested in engraved logos on snaps but my question is whether I saw a conversation about that here of if I'm imaging it. Obviously before I go to using my own "branded" snaps I also want a 100% success rate on setting snaps. (Back where I started.)

We do custom logo snaps! PM and I will do my best to help.

THINK SPRING!

I haven't tried the snaps from Sheridan but I've tried plenty of others and two things I learned here are to use a quality snap and use the light tap method. This combination finally got me to the point where I can now set snaps nice and square with a perfect flare on the stem and they seem much tighter now also. My method is something like 5 light taps and check, 5 more taps and check, and so on.... I found that I'm on the right track if after the first 5 taps it looks like nothing is happening. Hope that somehow makes sense and helps in some way, I know it was frustrating for me.

Edited by Wicked Welts

please tell me clearly,

kingcamry.com are manufacturer of harware for leather/textile in china,maybe I can help you.

We do custom logo snaps! PM and I will do my best to help.

THINK SPRING!

Do you have a website?

The one you linked in your profile does not work.

Go www.buttoncare.com/sme

if helpful :)