Troy, if you have'nt already try Buffalo Brothers Cowboy Store, Trig brothers and Conchos.com Not sure the sizes but Iknow all three sell a veriety of slotted conchos. Montans Silversmiths also has some and they do custom work.

Edited by camano ridge

... biggest is 3/16.

... that small.

Now you got me confused Troy. Are you looking for slots smaller or bigger than 3/8" or 1/2"? I might be wrong as I'm a metric child, but isn't 3/16" smaller?

Now you got me confused Troy. Are you looking for slots smaller or bigger than 3/8" or 1/2"? I might be wrong as I'm a metric child, but isn't 3/16" smaller?

Thor, I'm looking for the sizes 3/8" and 1/2" exactly. Yes 3/16 is half the size of 3/8 and they are too small. Rio Rancho doesn't sell any thats bigger than 3/16, and the sites camano ridge suggested doesn't sell anything smaller than 1 inch.

Thanks Thor, I really appreciate your effort in trying to help. Those are 1" conchos with a 3/8 slot, The ones I'm looking for would have approximately 1/8 and 3/16 slots.

Hi Troy,

Can you send me a pic of the proposed end-use of such a small concho? If it is of interest and something we should add to our line, I would consider producing it .

Thanks,

Tim

please send picture to me and tell me how many you want.

kingcamry.com is manufacturer of harware for leather/textile in china,maybe I can help you.

I should mention that we proudly produce conchos HERE in the USA. :cowboy:

I don't need enough of them to make it profitable for either of us, but if you ever do start making slotted 1/2" conchos holler. Right now I'm just buying 1/2 inch conchos cutting the post off then drilling holes and slotting them with a file. Thank you Troy By the way are the post just soldered, can I just heat them up and take the posts off?

Hi Troy,

Sorry but the screw-post is part of the entire casted part. They are not attached to the concho after forming. This prevents the post from snapping off under heavy torque. Therefore, applying heat would not work.

I will continue to look into this and advise shortly.

Thank you,

Tim