nychi

Hello From Snowy New York

This winter has been brutally cold and snowy! Hello just wanted to introduce myself. I am a seamstress for almost 5 years now which I know isn't much compared to some people. I mostly sew and sell for pet owners online whether it be for the pets themselves or a little something for the humans. I love my line of work and wanted to further into the leather/pleather area. I found this forum while looking for sewing machines that would work with what I do. I have met a couple of members already on the live chat and have found lots of helpful advice! They have guided me into looking at the Juki 1508 and it looks very promising! I would love to enhance my dog carriers that I make now out of velboa/minky/canvas and my home machine has been having hiccups on the tough layers so here i am! I hope to make some great items along the way and maybe some awesome online friends as I am a very friendly person :) Thank you!

Thanks RichK! I am from Long Island :) Are u from NY as well?

bet u got tons of snow! i heard more is on the way :(

Welcome to the forum! Stay warm.

Hey nychi,

What part of the island are you on? Would be great to start a meet up with some of the NY members.

I work mainly with chrome tanned leather. I make boxing equipment as a hobby, but looking to kick it up a notch.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gonzalez-Boxing/502990223088621

Hey nychi,

What part of the island are you on? Would be great to start a meet up with some of the NY members.

I work mainly with chrome tanned leather. I make boxing equipment as a hobby, but looking to kick it up a notch.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gonzalez-Boxing/502990223088621

hello Daniel G :) i'm from Suffolk C. Just liked your page on facebook! Great work! Have u ever dealt with customers who live in apartments and wanting a speed bag of some sort?

hello Daniel G :) i'm from Suffolk C. Just liked your page on facebook! Great work! Have u ever dealt with customers who live in apartments and wanting a speed bag of some sort?

Cool! I'm in Queens. Thank you and thanks for liking my page. :)

Most of the equipment I've sold has been to people with garages or gyms. They have a few solutions for people who want to bag in their apartments.

Welcome and good luck!! It's a wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Daniel G....Your work looks awesome!

Cool! I'm in Queens. Thank you and thanks for liking my page. :)

Most of the equipment I've sold has been to people with garages or gyms. They have a few solutions for people who want to bag in their apartments.

awesome. my bf is from there as well :) we're often outside with our cameras on main st takin street photography shots lol!

thanks! i clicked on ur link but the domain seems to be expired, do u have a fb link?

Thanks, Dawg! You're work is wicked as well. What kind of machine and feet do you use to do your lettering?

Thank-you! I have a Juki DSU-145 cylinder machine with just a left toe. But with all the practice I've had....I can do them on any machine now. Lol But it is easier at time on Juki.

Actually my Juki is going on craigslist and on for sale section of forum.

Thank-you! I have a Juki DSU-145 cylinder machine with just a left toe. But with all the practice I've had....I can do them on any machine now. Lol But it is easier at time on Juki.

Actually my Juki is going on craigslist and on for sale section of forum.

Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to try to shave the front of the center foot on my Consew 206, so I can get a better view of the needle positioning. Going to ask in the sewing section if anyone has done this.

Good luck with the sale.