This is my latest briefcase, designed for a client out east. I custom make all of the handles and large buckles for the bags and belts in my shop. This one is egyptian olive wood and solid brass. The flap is lined with italian wool. Gives it a nice flash when you open it up.

post-48860-0-42227700-1424711757_thumb.j

post-48860-0-75347900-1424712351_thumb.j

post-48860-0-46446900-1424712482_thumb.j

post-48860-0-01611100-1424712555_thumb.j

post-48860-0-83472500-1424712598_thumb.j

post-48860-0-48121300-1424712684_thumb.j

post-48860-0-90148700-1424713355_thumb.j

Sweet briefcase! The wood handle is an awesome idea.

If you need other woods, my husband has loads of off-cuts of wenge, mahogany, ziricote, bubinga, or curly maple you can have if you pay shipping.

MonicaJacobson, on 23 Feb 2015 - 9:13 PM, said:

If you need other woods, my husband has loads of off-cuts of wenge, mahogany, ziricote, bubinga, or curly maple you can have if you pay shipping.

Hi Monica,

That's very kind of you to offer your husband's off-cuts. Does he know, or are you trying to clear some space for him?  ;)

I've made several custom buckles and handles, but haven't used Ziricote yet. That may be very interesting.

post-48860-198932_thumb.jpg

LOL, believe it or not, it's his idea. I think he might be trying to clear some space. Ziricote is beautiful, but you have to use super glue to finish it, because nothing else will stick. Did you make the handle, attached? It's very, very nice.

LOL, believe it or not, it's his idea. I think he might be trying to clear some space. Ziricote is beautiful, but you have to use super glue to finish it, because nothing else will stick. Did you make the handle, attached? It's very, very nice.

I did make that handle, too. Rosewood and solid brass.Sometimes the briefcase is an excuse to incorporate a new piece of hardware. Often times the inspiration for a briefcase comes from the hardware. Originally I made that handle for another case, but it wasn't quite the right fit. The next one's is already in the works, though.

PM me. I'd be interested in a piece of the Ziricote.

With the wool lined flap do you flip the edge and glue/stitch or just cut the wool and edge dressing it?

Beautiful! Did you put any pockets inside the main compartment? Also like the gusseted pockets on the front. The whole thing comes off as classy with a whimsical touch. I like it a lot.

With the wool lined flap do you flip the edge and glue/stitch or just cut the wool and edge dressing it?

Venator, for the wool lining, I always iron the fabric to some interlacing cut to the proper pattern. The edges are glued and rolled and then the entire piece is glues to the inside of the leather flap and stitched to the leather. All this is followed up with the edge dressing.

Beautiful! Did you put any pockets inside the main compartment? Also like the gusseted pockets on the front. The whole thing comes off as classy with a whimsical touch. I like it a lot.

Tugadude,

There aren't any pockets inside this brief. The customer was looking for a nice open interior so that how I left it. I did however put pockets on either end of the main gusset. You can see it in the second pic. On one side it's large enough for a phone or a set of keys, on the other I've divided the pocket into two, more suitable for pens and pencils.

I'm glad you like the bag. Classy and whimsy is just what I'm after.