Hi All,

I am at the point where I need to make the step from hand stitching to a machine stitch to increase production speed, although I am having a hard time finding suppliers for the machines I am looking at. A lot of topics in this forum are making me lean towards a Cowboy 3200 however the nearest sales partner for Cowboy is in Germany (as far as my research go's!)

There seem to be a lot of old industrial machines on ebay but it is hard finding a machine that is specifically designed for stitching leather and the cost of a Cowboy is a lot having never had a go on one before making the purchase, taking in to consideration shipping costs as well. Plus there are so many versions of each Singer or Juki for example on ebay that is hard to know which one would be best and suitable, there are also people selling machines on ebay stating the machine can work with leather but unfortunately not all of these statements are true.

Does anyone know of any dealers based in the UK, selling specificly leather designed machines? It would be great to find someone that deals with Singer, Cowboy, Techsew, Cobra and Juki, plus any others that could be recommended.

Many thanks,

Ross

You should look up the Singer 45k listed on Ebay. It will do justice to your sewing requirements. Just my 2 cents.

Do you want cylinder arm or flatbed, ??

Some suggestions,,

Adler 69, Seiko cw8-b,

I'd like a flat bed ideally but am trying to avoid the bottom feed dog marking the bottom piece of leather, flesh side down. The Cowboy machines don't appear to have a feed dog so I am leaning towards a cylinder arm for that reason but I prefer being able to have the leather flat on the table.

Thanks for your suggestions, I will look in to them.

Ross

The only people I know that deal with a lot of leather machines are Hartley sewing machines in Walsall which could be a good starting point.

most machines have feed dogs but the triple feed / compound feed machines (like the Cowboy 3200 or 4500) often have smooth feed dogs w/o teeth

Thanks for the links! Some of them are not too far away from where I am based so I can go down and have a go on them before purchasing. You have all been very helpful!