well all the the tooling is done but I want to keep it all natural color except the tooling how do I keep stain off the rest of the project please help

Paint what you don't want stained with a resist.

You can apply a sealer as a resist over everything, then carefully strip it from the tooling, or you can apply a mask over everything else and carefully use a brush or spray. Or, you could simply color the tooled area without masking off everything else, but be wary of drips as you move over the areas you don't want any color.

Careful cos resists don't work if you're using spirit dyes...if water based antiques etc then yes.

Bigfoot, I found that out the hard way. I used an air brush with oil base dye.It went through the resist. I stamped a border and wanted to keep the center lighter then the edges. I used Show Brown for the edge and Light Brown for the center. I gave it two coats of Supper Shine for the Resist,I let it dry overnight. I didn't get what I wanted, but it came out a highlited show brown, It is an interesting looking brown.

Jim