Sign in to follow this  
apriori

Landis Model 30 Splitter Is Tapering The Leather As It Goes Through At The End

So I just received a Landis Model 30 from ebay and I have had a few concerns while trying it out. I wont get to all of them just yet, but my main concern right now is that when I split a piece of leather, it is getting tapered off at the end.

I have tested this at various weights but it is definitely most dramatic when I am splitting at a lighter weight. When I got from 8oz to 6oz its not too bad. The majority of the piece will be split to 6oz but the tail end will be slightly thinner.

But what really is nagging me is that when I go from say, 6oz to 4oz, the end of the piece tapers off to something very thing like 2oz or 1oz.

I have tested various typer of leather, different widths of the pieces. It affects wide 4" pieces as much as narrow 1" pieces.

Supposedly it is a new blade. I haven't sharpened it yet but have stropped it.

Does anyone know what could be causing this. I am new to this tool and only played around with it for a couple of days.

Any help is much appreciated.

blade to roller adjustments

I had a feeling that rollers were responsible. Do you know of any resources that explain how to adjust the rollers correctly?