tribo korokan

Consew 229 Stitch Length Change And Adjustment

How do you change the sttich legnth for consew 229. I read in the instruction similar to singer 111. To push and hold the plunger to lock the notch and keep truning the pulley in the machine. I just found out that the old machine I bought has no plunger to lock it. Can I use any metal or screw driver to stock it to the notch? Kinda scary when you are not sure what it is . The pulley that in the manual, is that the hand wheel of the sewing machine?

I bought this machine and the guy I bought from never told me about it and I never think of asking cause I presume that would not be a problem.. attach is the pic.

post-60548-0-71989600-1425959325_thumb.j

post-60548-0-74153000-1425959327_thumb.j

post-60548-0-63800500-1425959329_thumb.j

I think the button you are trying to find is located next to the vertical frame member on the right of the photo. Chrome/silver button (third picture) and yes the pulley is the hand wheel.

The button on the right is for the clutch,the hole with the missing button is for the stitch length & can be adjusted by putting a screwdriver into it(cutoff nail w/o a point on it) & turning the machine around until it drops into the slot,then you can turn the handwheel towards you for longer or away is shorter.