Sign in to follow this  
tgidry

Hello from the bayou state

Hey all, I'm TJ from south Louisiana, I stumbled on this forum while looking for plans for a stitching horse. I've been dabbling with leather for awhile now. I got introduced to leather working while in the 7th grade which is a long time ago. I have been doing mostly belts and some wallets but I'm going for more challenging things at least challenging for me that is.

Later

Tucker "TJ"

Hey all, I'm TJ from south Louisiana, I stumbled on this forum while looking for plans for a stitching horse. I've been dabbling with leather for awhile now. I got introduced to leather working while in the 7th grade which is a long time ago. I have been doing mostly belts and some wallets but I'm going for more challenging things at least challenging for me that is.

Later

Tucker "TJ"

Welcome TJ. Glad you found us. Where is Parks, La? I am originally from Baton Rouge. Hope you learn a lot here.

Marlon

welcome, and wondering where parks is too. originally from the bernice/ruston/bossier/shreveport section meself.

Welcome to the forum. You will find plenty of masters and information to take up most of your day. Good luck and ask away.

Greetings from Austin, TX

Thanks for the welcome. Parks is about 7 miles south of Breaux Bridge and Breaux Brige is right off I-10. It is a small farming community where everyone knows just about everyone in town.

I'm slowly getting back into the craft. I lost alot of what i had accumilated due to a house fire 3 years ago so I'm buying my tools a little at a time and I'll have plenty of questions you can bet on that.

Thanks for the welcome. Parks is about 7 miles south of Breaux Bridge and Breaux Brige is right off I-10. It is a small farming community where everyone knows just about everyone in town.

I'm slowly getting back into the craft. I lost alot of what i had accumilated due to a house fire 3 years ago so I'm buying my tools a little at a time and I'll have plenty of questions you can bet on that.

you can bet i know where breaux bridge is....mmmm crawfish festival!!!! Man I miss that!

Sorry about your losses. I hope you get back into the craft and do well.

Marlon

Hi and welcome to the board tgidry!!

Sorry to hear about your loss due to the fire!

Like the guys allready told you, just fire away any questions you may have. The atmosphere is very friendly and helpful and everyday there seem to be something new to pick up from in the show off section. There's a nifty little button up at the top right of all pages wich is called "view new posts" that many people like to use to keep track on active topics.

We love pics here and crude comments is basically an unknown term here unlike other forums I've seen.

Good luck with building up your new shop!!

Tom

Hi TJ welcome to the site, Don

:welcome: To the forum from a former Louisianian.