B00M3R

31K15 Servo Motor Recommendations

I have an old Singer 31k15 Machine that was handed down to me from my grandmother. The machine is is good condition and still sews very well. However the clutch motor in it moves way to fast for detailed leather sewing. I'd like to pick up a servo motor for it, but I can't seem to find any solid info on which I should pick up. I've looked at the Techsew 550 motors, but am not sure how well they'll mate up to the machine I have.

Anyone have any recommended motors they've used on the 31k15's, including where to get them. What modifications did you have to make to install it? I'm using fairly thick leathers so I'll need something with decent power, and I'd prefer something that can run very slowly with high tq.

Any input would be appreciated!

Josh

I'm in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. On the border with Detroit Michigan. I'd prefer to pick it up from Canada/US if possible.

You can buy a Family Sew FS-550s, equipped with a 2" (50mm) pulley and a new v-belt, at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. They are in Toledo, east of the airport by about 15 miles or so, off I-475. There are maps on their website, which is at: www.tolindsewmach.com

I actually just ordered a family sew FESM-550S from Keystone out of Philadelphia this morning. Came to $145 delivered for the motor, all mounting hardware, a 50mm pulley, and the belt.

Thanks for heads up though Wizcrafts.

Is that all that is needed? I put my old singer in storage and picked up a clone shoe patcher to do the occasional work on thin stuff. I paid more for the patcher than the motor would have cost? If that is all that is needed, I will order a servo motor from toledo today.