Don Ayres

How Do I Do A Six Plait Round Diamond Braid

I recently purchased a very nice mens bracelet which i believe is made of six strands, i would love to learn how to do this, i have made wallets in the past and just recently made a leather pint mug, can anyone reccomend a good youtube tutorial or any instruction on how to do this, ive attached a picture.any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Don A.

post-12646-0-55050600-1426427988_thumb.j

post-12646-0-40889400-1426428015_thumb.j

i usually do 4plait or 8 plait around a core... there are plenty of tutorials on you tube..check them out

Thanks biglew, now i need to figure out how to end the 4 strand round braid with a nice round button type knot and a loop on the other end to form a nice bracelet, any suggestions ???

Thanks biglew, now i need to figure out how to end the 4 strand round braid with a nice round button type knot and a loop on the other end to form a nice bracelet, any suggestions ???

Yes it's in Spanish, but the video is clear enough I was able to follow him with no problem...

Thats a fantastic video, thank you very much, now i just need to figure out how to loop the 4 strand braid around and weave it back into the main body of the bracelet, or is there another way to accomplish this.

Here's a pic of the one i'd like to make

Thanks again

post-12646-0-24755700-1426532151_thumb.p

David Morgan's book, "Briading Fine Leather", covers how to do the loop and braid it back into itself...then cover the splice at that location with a turkshead knot of your choice and it'll look pretty close to that...

If you don't have it and you're interested in braiding like this, you should go ahead and buy it. It would be a good book to start out...

Edited by 25b

Thanks, ill certainly look into purchasing David Morgans book.

Thanks 25b but im not on facebook. Any other resources would be appreciated.

My recommendation is this: http://myriam.dakotabraiding.com/%C2'> Myriam graciously posted some tutorials on her page - just click the link for them. Braiding in an 'eye' is covered in the Dog Leash tutorial.