sblades

Techsew3650

Can any one giv me feed back on the tech sew machines im looking on buying my first sewing machine

I have the 2750pro and could not be happier...great machine and the support is great

I get great reviews on my watch straps and wallets from my customers about the stitching especially..

Contact Ron at Techsew and he can answer all your questions...

Thanks i think i will contact him

This is not a walking foot machine. It is a chinese knockoff of the Singer 45k. I think you would do better with a walking foot machine for the leather products.

These machines tend to mark the back side of the leather and leave drag marks on the finished side as well. Their intended use is cloth material these short comings can be over come. It should be able to sew 1/2 to 5/8ths inch with no problem. I put a roller foot on the on I have it works much better. Mine is a Singer 45k21 it is older than I am it was made in 1946.

I don't know where you are located but this might be of interest. It is a Toro 3200 listed on Craigslist in western Pennsylvania it has a very good price on it.

Good luck.

Edited by Geneva

Im located in houston tx i appreciate the feed back geneva i spoke to ryan from neal saddlery ima go with the cowboy 3200 or the 4500 more than likely the 4500 bigger is better

Can any one giv me feed back on the tech sew machines im looking on buying my first sewing machine

If you want to give some more details about what you're sewing, I'd be happy to steer you in the right direction to make sure you get the right machine for your work.

Wallets,belts,gun holsters,knife sheath,chaps etc.....

Wallets,belts,gun holsters,knife sheath,chaps etc.....

I'd recommend going with the Techsew 5100 over the 3650HD - you'll likely approach or exceed 1/2" for your holsters and you'll want the ability to dial down to thinner leather for wallets and chaps. Give us a call if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Ron

Not sure where you got this information but the GA5 owes more to ADLER than Singer. The Singer 45k and ADLER 4 are two of the most commonly used leather machines over the last 100 years and were never intended for cloth.

Many saddlers swear by these machines and with the correct set up and proper operation will sew leather without leaving marks.

This is not a walking foot machine. It is a chinese knockoff of the Singer 45k. I think you would do better with a walking foot machine for the leather products.

These machines tend to mark the back side of the leather and leave drag marks on the finished side as well. Their intended use is cloth material these short comings can be over come. It should be able to sew 1/2 to 5/8ths inch with no problem. I put a roller foot on the on I have it works much better. Mine is a Singer 45k21 it is older than I am it was made in 1946.

I don't know where you are located but this might be of interest. It is a Toro 3200 listed on Craigslist in western Pennsylvania it has a very good price on it.

Good luck.

Not sure where you got this information but the GA5 owes more to ADLER than Singer. The Singer 45k and ADLER 4 are two of the most commonly used leather machines over the last 100 years and were never intended for cloth.

Many saddlers swear by these machines and with the correct set up and proper operation will sew leather without leaving marks.

You should stick to a subject you know something about. The GA5 is an outright copy of the Singer 45k 90 percent of the parachute rigging and tents and other parts that were sewn during WW2 was sewn by the 45k.

The 45k11 was first made to sew awnings in 1926.

Edited by Geneva