tossik

Adler 205 Good?

Hi guys, I have found an Adler 205 locally for $1300. Is it a good price? It is currently set up with 280- 340 for leather and webbing. Seems very thick.

Had any one had experience with this machine? Is it worth the money? What is the thinnest thread I can use, min and max spi? Would it be good for leather bags, messenger bags, belts and collars? I normally use 2 layers of 6-8oz leather or thinner.

I would eventually get a light flatbed for lighter stuff, but was hoping this would be good for heavier projects. But is it too much for what I need?

Let me know, as always any advice is appreciated.

post-41354-0-20158000-1426574266_thumb.j

post-41354-0-04289300-1426574271_thumb.j

The ADLER 205 is a beautiful machine and for this price most would jump on it. As with any machine you need to go to the seller and have a play with it before handing over your money

I agree the Adler is a good machine. I have 4 different Adlers in my shop. If you don't buy it I would like to know where you are at and if seller would ship? Thanks

Used one for many years, great machine. I always try to buy the biggest machine my budget will allow. That gives room to expand what you can do. If you don't grab it, there are several here ( me included ) that would love to have a shot at it.

Tossik,

That looks like a 205-25 machine . $1300.00 is a good price for that. Buy it.

glenn

Thanks for the recommendations. I am waiting to see if I can pick it up. The guy's friend might be taking it. I will keep you all updated.

This is a "ruffler" model Adler it likes to make moccasins it does "ruffle" the leather. I had one of these at one time finally sold it. Scratched the material to much.

Good luck.

Hmm interesting. The seller told me that it actually leaves less marks on the leather. He called it the jumper? He said it does not have as many grip teeth as full walking foot and that made it a nicer finish on leather.

It has top and bottom feed, no needle feed. The upper feed is a feeding foot. Is a machine for ruffling work, its able to feed different length on top and bottom. No reverse. Its better than a bottom feed, but without the needle feed it will mark the leather on one side. Its made for the shoe industry and are not to be confused for a 205-370 triple feed machine. However,Its still an expensive machine.

Tor

My mistake as usually these machines are called a 205-MO. No good for general leatherwork.