Very nice work! Would love to hear more about how they were made and what materials you used. My wife asked me to make her a pair of leather flip-flops last year but I couldn't find enough information. Yours are exactly what she described! Thanks for sharing.

Now those are cool. Very well done as well. Thanks for sharing!

YinTx

Those are great!

Those are fantastic.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

I ended up putting together a fairly comprehensive tutorial on this and am happy to share. Just send me an email -- clyde.seeger@gmail.com. Just mentioning it again, a little clearer this time, as some weren't sure if it was just a one off for the person who originally asked.

i also have a request on DIY coin conchos and will be posting a short video on that soon. It's really easy and inexpensive to make your own cool conchos like the one on these flops and more. If you would like to have a heads up on that as well, pm me and I'll let you know when it's available.

Stay tuned and thanks for the interest.

sent you an email!

thanx for the offer

geo

Those are some rockin' sandals!

I see pie in my future!

Hi this is dbanks I am looking for someone that can make me leather flip flops like yours. Can you give me your contact phone number.

@Troy Burch Re: Pic of the Bottom Soles

I didn't take a pic of the ones posted, but here's a pic from my very first pair which I have been wearing continuously for nine months. I'm glad you asked because I wouldn't have looked at them otherwise and there's a couple newbie errors worth pointing out.

In this case, I stitched the uppers all the way through the soles. I no longer do this and instead just stitch to the upper layer. It just isn't necessary, but certainly no harm in doing so if you do it right, which I didn't. Notice there are no stitching grooves and you can see in the photo why that is a bad idea -- you wear right through the stitches. Surprisingly, mine are holding up just fine -- a testament to just how strong the saddle stitch is I suppose.

I also didn't make my perimeter stitch groove nearly deep enough. For the pair featured in this post, once I wetted the "DEEP" stitching groove and let sit overnight, it closed up so much you could barely see the stitches below the surface.

The crappy perimeter stitching groove speaks for itself. My latter pairs have perfect stitching grooves (ya know, like how my other car is a Mercedes). ;-)

Bottom View   Nine Months Later

Those look great.

Sending you an e-mail.

Here's another pair titled "Lotsa Dots". Pics don't do them justice (of course). But check out the crystal bead inlays in the front (placed them in the back as well). But what I mainly wanted to point out is the treatment on the straps, where the front strap cover is omitted to show the criss cross decorative stitching instead. Just another example of the myriad of designs you come up with on something as simple as a pair of flops.

Lotsa Dots

Lotsa Dots 3

awesome job. Those look great.

@ Shyla -- Sure, just shoot me an email and I'll send the tutorial. Clyde.Seeger@gmail.com

Trying to figure out a way to upload the tutorial pdf to the forum so that folks can just download from there. Have a request in to Admins on that, but haven't heard anything. If someone knows how to do that, please let me know.

thx

Thanks again for the tutorial.

Lol.

I can't tell you how glad I am that the kitten is optional. I don't mind cats, but I've only met one that didn't become a giant blur of teeth and claws around me.

Thanks for putting the tutorial together. I like your humorous additions.