Kymberly

Help! Need Some Advice...

Hi all,

I have two questions.

First... someone asked me to make them a suede clutch bag. They are looking for a specific colour (light lime green). I can't find suede that is the right colour. I've attached some photos of the colour they've requested.

I thought about suggesting we go with a raw veg tan leather and I try dying that lime but the only dye I can find the right colour is Tarrago. Is this a good choice... or even a good idea to try??

Second... If I go for suede the bag will be floppy and a clutch needs to be stiff. Does anyone know how to get around this?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kymberly :-)

post-58453-0-31564700-1426700714_thumb.j

post-58453-0-25590400-1426700927_thumb.j

Edited by Kymberly

Hide House has a chap split (4-5 oz) suede in lime green which looks very close to your color sample. hidehouse.com

Ohio Travel Bag may have hardware that will work for you.

Springfield leather also has similar suede http://springfieldleather.com/32296/Hide%2CChapSuede%2CLime%2CSqftSPO/ If you do not want the purse to be floppy use bag stiffener between the suede and the inside liner. Tandy, Springfield Leather, Hidehouse all carry bag stifener. http://www.tandyleather.com/en-usd/product/bag-stiffener-9072-00.aspx

Edited by camano ridge

Recommend buying bag stiffener which I believe you can get from either Tandy or Springfield, or use a leather liner that will add some stiffness

Thank you all for taking the time to help me!!! :-)