Sign in to follow this  
Josh Ashman

Ammo Cuff For A 44 Henry

I was pretty happy with how this turned out. The main body is 8 oz HO, the bullet loops are 4 oz HO and the lace 4 oz oil tan. The finish is Fiebings antique black with a top coat of 50/50 M&G/water.

Thanks for looking, Josh

post-19070-0-84104800-1427212930_thumb.jpost-19070-0-68441100-1427212939_thumb.j

very nice! I l would like to see how the lacing looks also,

Josh, very nice cuff. I really like the bear paw pattern. Did you line it with neoprene or something to keep the cuff from sliding?

Edited by camano ridge

Ruger,

I'm afraid I can't post any pics showing the lacing better as I shipped this out already. It's a standard straight lace sort of thing, the little you can see basically shows what there is to see. I thought about trying to braid it but I was already pretty far over my time budget and I couldn't figure out a good way to do it.

Camano,

I never thought of neoprene, that might be a good option in the future. Instead I took out the screw on the brass butt plate and screwed it through the cuff. I have a Marlin 30-30 with a sling stud that basically does the same thing (i.e. pin it in one spot) and I haven't had any trouble with it slipping for several years.

Thank you both for looking and commenting!

Josh