On 1/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, Grey Drakkon said:

Daaaaaamn how did I miss those?!  Now those have CHARACTER.  ;D

The only reason I post on this xxxx xxxxx website is to get praise from you Grey.  ;-)  Thank you thank you thank you.   

Hey, you're an artist and do jewelry work.  What do you think of my recent offering on ebay?    https://www.ebay.com/itm/302610090254?ul_noapp=true

Give me an honest consumer appraisal and I'll make you one for free even if it's the last thing on earth you would be interested in buying.  Because if it truly were the last thing on earth you would buy, that would be a pretty interesting thing to have, wouldn't it? 

Hey, I like giving stuff away for free, particularly to those who never ask for anything or expect anything.  Which reminds me...I have this false memory of sending you a box of LEDs and the switchy things that come with them.  But I keep "re finding" them here in the shop and every time I do I think "I thought I sent this crap to Grey?"   So, could you please make up your mind and decide whether you want this led stuff or not?  Geez....

Hey that's a really neat looking caddy!  Very professional and clean.  I particularly like the leather wrapped base, it adds an extra something to it that makes it a bit more special.  I think the only thing that would improve it is magnets somewhere on it to slap small files on it!  

Tell ya what, I can't just get that thing for nothing, the shipping alone would be crazy (especially since rates just went up yet again) I think I mentioned to you that I've been doing lampworking, if you want some custom beads I can hook you up.  Not really a fair exchange as far as size and cost to ship goes, but they're pretty fun.  ;)

You already sent me the LED paraphernalia, and how odd that you bring it up since I just had a customer come in talking about getting an etched glass backlit with LEDs set into a frame.  

On 1/20/2018 at 11:26 PM, cseeger said:

The only reason I post on this xxxx xxxxx website is to get praise from you Grey.  ;-)  Thank you thank you thank you.   

Hey, you're an artist and do jewelry work.  What do you think of my recent offering on ebay?    https://www.ebay.com/itm/302610090254?ul_noapp=true

Give me an honest consumer appraisal and I'll make you one for free even if it's the last thing on earth you would be interested in buying.  Because if it truly were the last thing on earth you would buy, that would be a pretty interesting thing to have, wouldn't it? 

Hey, I like giving stuff away for free, particularly to those who never ask for anything or expect anything.  Which reminds me...I have this false memory of sending you a box of LEDs and the switchy things that come with them.  But I keep "re finding" them here in the shop and every time I do I think "I thought I sent this crap to Grey?"   So, could you please make up your mind and decide whether you want this led stuff or not?  Geez....

Whoops, realized I should have quoted you when replying.  ;)

On 1/22/2018 at 0:07 PM, Grey Drakkon said:

Hey that's a really neat looking caddy!  Very professional and clean.  I particularly like the leather wrapped base, it adds an extra something to it that makes it a bit more special.  I think the only thing that would improve it is magnets somewhere on it to slap small files on it!  

Tell ya what, I can't just get that thing for nothing, the shipping alone would be crazy (especially since rates just went up yet again) I think I mentioned to you that I've been doing lampworking, if you want some custom beads I can hook you up.  Not really a fair exchange as far as size and cost to ship goes, but they're pretty fun.  ;)

You already sent me the LED paraphernalia, and how odd that you bring it up since I just had a customer come in talking about getting an etched glass backlit with LEDs set into a frame.  

That is a most generous offer.  I accept and shall ship your goods forthwith, with Godspeed and safe passage.

I know this is an old thread but it is soooo good! 

First, thanks to @cseeger for the tutorial and the inspiration. Seeing all the different variants of flip flops made me give it a swag. See pics below.

I used paracord in the toe-between to avoid the possibility of the 3-4 oz breaking at the chevron over time. I lined the underside of the straps with suede with the desire of keeping undue break-in of the wearer's (my daughter) feet. I cut pretty deep grooves into the soles for grip and then took some inspiration from those offensively expensive bag makers and stamped my mark all over the soles, also with the hope of some more traction. I think next pair I'll either make up some goop or get some crepe rubber or maybe some old tire, we'll have to see. I used the "wax on felt and rub like hell" trick on the edges to "age" it a bit. Fiebings glycerin and canvas on the edges followed by an ebony burnisher. All comments are welcome.

IMG_Jul42020at91104AM.jpg

IMG_Jul42020at91139AM.jpg

IMG_Jul42020at91221AM.jpg

Thanks! It was pretty fun too.