I recently acquired a number of sewing machines and skivers from an old man who used to work for Coach. Among them, the one that I was most seeking, is a Durkopp Adler 269-373, probably roughly 20 years old. I am having trouble finding a manual for this machine online, has anyone found any resources for such a thing? Also, can anyone help me to know the difference between this machine and, say, an Adler 69? I'm just curious what the benefits might be.

Lastly, I am also looking for some accessories for the machine, seam and edge guides etc. Any help or assistance that one can give me would be greatly appreciated. It seems to well maintained with the exception that it is missing the cover on the outside of the machine near the needle arm. I'm guessing it isn't entirely necessary to operate the machine.

post-53518-0-36112500-1427252286_thumb.j

You can find the manual at the durkopp-adler.com site but for some reason i cannot paste it here. Do a Google search for durkopp Adler 269 manual. Most of the sponsors shown above can help you out with the accessories.

Your new machine is awful purty, I have a 67g373 and its a beast

Edited by Wishful

thechavez,

If you go to the following DA site: Sew24blogspot.com , you can download the original brochure for the 269-373, parts list for 169-373 and operations manual for 169-373. I have the parts list, operations manual, mechanics manual for a 269-373 but only in hard copy, not scanned.

The 69-373 is a smaller cylinder arm and smaller bobbin with a horizontal hook like the Pfaff 335. The 269-373 that you have is a heavier cylinder arm with a vertical bobbin that is larger that that of the 69. It will accommodate thread up to #207, uses the same feet as the 69-373 cylinder arm, the 267-373 flatbed and the 268-73 post machine. A very good machine. We have two of them in our plant.

Your machine could do with a good cleaning which will tell you something about the machine.

glenn

Thank you both. I appreciate it. I am working on getting the info from Sew24blogspot.com. I'm happy to hear that this new machine can handle a larger thread size than my Consew 206rb. That will be very helpful here soon.

thechavez,

Just curious. What other machines did you acquire? Love to see pics.

glenn

shoepatcher-

I only have a photo of one of the other machines right now, but i can post the others tomorrow. I picked up a Pfaff 555 post bed, a Singer 168w101 post bed, a Singer 211u566a flat bed, a Singer 168 flat bed, a Merrow Overlock, and a couple of skivers (Consew and Fortuna). They all seem to be running decently, but could use a good cleaning. Also got a ton of brass hardware and machine attachments, some of which I have no idea what to do with or how to use. The price was a steal, so I couldn't pass it up.

Also, I was able to find the original manual for the DA 269 among the stuff that he gave me, so that was a nice find as well!

post-53518-0-11785300-1427431259_thumb.j

Congratulations! Looks like you got a great deal on some really cool sewing machinery!