Shakey Tate

My First Attempt. Johnny Ringo Double Rig

I've been doing small leather projects by hand for years but I had never tackled anything this big before but... My beautiful wife bought me this for Christmas.

post-27945-0-09546400-1427659099_thumb.j

Great sewing machine. Would be interested in seeing the Ringo rig also.

Holster's look pretty good. Did you do the stitching with the pictured sewing machine?

Looks like the machine sewed great for you. Do you know which model it is?

Wow! I love the double rig...That is sweeeet!

Wow, that is really nice. What size thread did you use top and bottom? I'm asking because I have an Adler 30-1 that is pretty much the same machine. Any tips on using the thicker thread?

Nice work, Shakey. I too am curious about the thread and needle sizes. Is that the biggest thread you can use with the 29-4? I've been looking at them on ebay for a couple weeks. I'm still not 100% sure this is the right machine for me. It looks like it does a good job on the thicker stuff for you.

Thread size is 138 with a 22 needle on the border. 207 with 23 needle on the finished fold over of the holster body. I used 138 on the edge because first its mainly for looks and the holsters are two layers laminated, 5/6 and 3/4. Second because I the bobin on these machines is small and won't hold much of the big thread. Holds about enough to sew two or three holster layered edges. I use the same size on the bottom as I use in top. Usually on edge I just stitch with the hand wheel for better control. Thanks for the complements.

Thank you so much for taking the time to answer that. I'm going to order some and try it out!