Mariel

Which Sewing Machine Is Best For Making Purses

Thank you! I will be heading there in a couple of hours with the intent to try it out with the leather that we will be using. Also a notebook with questions to ask so worth. The seller has been pretty knowledgable in this machine and is willing for me to try and test it out before we purchase.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it!

The Consew 225 seems to be a Singer 111W clone, and similar to the the 111W it's a compound walking foot machine and lacks reverse. Here's a link to the manual. I couldn't find anything about the b model. If it is more or less a clone, there is lots of documentation about 111W that should mostly be applicable.

http://www.consew.com/Files/112347/InstructionManuals/225.pdf

Depending upon the condition, $800 might be a bit pricy. I had a 111W155 and liked the machine but it lacked features -- no reverse, small bobbin, a hassle to change stitch length, ....

Edited by Tejas

Tejas,

The sewing machine is actually a 255b not a 225. Not sure if that makes a difference. I called a sewing shop to inquire about the 255b and they said that it will do what I need it to do based on the design description I gave him on my clutches and the flat bed will be fine. He just told me to make sure to sew it to test to make sure it works and it will sew through the leather I'm going to use, which I have brought some sample leather with me. And the the price seem to be right aligned with what they are going for in our area. He had a few that he just picked up that he would sell between $800-$1200 based on how much work he puts into it. And the one I'm going to see is in great condition and just got serviced. Fingers cross that it will be the machine that I need for what I red it to do with my design :)

Mariel

I'm a new owner of a consew 255b. Brought the leather that will use for my products and it sewed it with no problem. The machine sees nice and smooth. And the owner was nice enough to give me a lesson on how to use it!

Thanks everyone for all your advice!!!