Now thay I finally got all my tools together, I decided that I would try to make a belt sheath for my knew knife. Kinda intimidating for only ever making a key fob. But I think it actually turned out awesome!

Because I am a girl who as been blessed with a rather large prominent behind..I have found that vertical hanging belt sheaths tend to dig into my butt just below my lower back. Especially while sitting on my horse. So I decided if I slanted the knife to a more horizontal angle I could avoid this problem. Couldn't really find an example of what I was envisioning so I just winged it and made up my own.

So all in all im pretty proud that I had come up with a custom pattern, wet formed, and hand sewn all for the first time ever. And that the finished product came out way better than I ever expected! Haha.

post-54246-0-19071200-1428340326_thumb.j

post-54246-0-26812000-1428340485_thumb.j

post-54246-0-32147000-1428340526_thumb.j

Over all it looks pretty good, especially for the first one.

You should be proud of yourself, Good Job there. The green tint works for me too

Not only is it a good job, it looks good too -------------- Wild Bill46

Nice job! I also like the bit of green.

I'd say that you did a fine job on that sheath. I like the color too.

looks great!

addieliegh, you gotta be joshin' us! That simply cannot be your first attempt at anything beyond a coin purse. ;)

Very nice work. I can't wait to see your 3rd project!

Michelle

Yep, I'm with the others, looks great. Way better than my first sheath. I really like the canted design, I may have to borrow that someday.

Stu

Thanks for all the kind words everybody! I definitely studied a lot on here before I started on it. And will do the same for my next project. Keep your eyes open for it!

Funny how everyone sees green it actually a turquoise color, more blue in person.