DemeterBrowser

Hello from France

Howdy !!

I am new on your web site, i very happy to meet you .

Sorry i d'ont write very well English & understand not all

I live in France and have worked leather long years before.(professionaly and actualy hobbyst)

I have a friend in France,he lern me sheridan leather carving. he hes a good saddlemaker, he come in Usa for 2009.

He take part in the "25 NATIONAL COWBOY POETRY GATHERING."

He's working on a wade saddle to display a this event

Does i show an web site link ?( wen's not delete im )

His web site:http://www.ylbrand.com/

I d'ont have pictures of the saddles i have made ,but , sometimes i repair tack for my friends, they ride horseback( Western cattle events) and made some bridles and other goods for tey horses.

I send you pictures later

bye

Bonjour! Commen t'allez vous? (Don't remember if I spelled that right) It's been a while since I spoke or wrote French, but my college professor was from France, and she had studied at the Sorbonne in Paris. She always would tease a boy in our class who was from Quebec, that his French wasn't as good. We had fun.

Welcome to our group, we are glad you are here. Do not worry about your English, there are people here from all over the world.

Welcome to the Forum! I learn something every time I come in here.

:welcome: Glad you're here, and don't worry about your English. It's far better than my French, which is just good enough to get me thrown out of a few places! LOL (You want to... eat my cat?! :head_hurts_kr: )

Kate

Hello

I tank you a lot for your Welcome !!

Wild Rose :dont wory about your french wrintig ,its a very nice hello.

Citizen Kate :eat my cat = Manger mon chat ? lol !

I am very happy to meat you on this forum ,Western Saddle maker are very unusual in France, it is only 3 in businnes today.

I live in Auvergne near "Chavaniac La Fayette" Who "LaFayette "was born and some on is family still live today.

I send you a picture from a pair of chinks chap a have made whith the help of my teacher,(listed beyond) i tankfully im for all what he teach me :

IMG_0059.jpg

And a picture whith my horses friends at a cattle event in Auvergne

98135210.jpg

I hope this picture will work

bye

Edited by DemeterBrowser

Hello and welcome to the board Demeter!!

Good looking pair of chaps!!

Tom

Thank you ;)

I fell very lucky to have discovered this Leather workers community on the web .

You have display a very huge amont of information about leatherwork, he will takes several month to me, to read all !!

It is incrédible what i see :coffeecomp:

Before , my only ressource was old books writed by saddle makers . i have purchase them long year ago.

I have missunderstand the registration procédure to register on your forum , Demeter Browser is only my ..." E-mail sending programm".

My true name is different ,but if Demeterbrowser semm you looking good , it is OK for me. :)

If you want to you can change the name somewhere in the settings panel, if memory serves me right but the one you have will work fine.

I do think people will call you just Demeter.

It is true that there is some incredible stuff here, I just don't know where people get all their ideas from but maybe this is just because leather is such a fantastic material to work with.

I don't know the status with work on restoring the old site but we had a crash in Jan -08 and the backups was corrupt so all you see right now is from after that. Once we get the site restored there will be plenty more to read through.

Tom

Hi !!

I send you pictures from the Working brief case i use every days.

I have made it one year ago. It is all sewn by hand. The leather and Hardware came from Italy.

Gusset is made whith 6 pieces of leather, Gusset made in this Way, is called in France : " Italian joint" .How did you name it "internationaly" ?

IMG_0001-2.jpg

Close up détailing from gusset :

IMG_0002-4.jpg

What did you say abaout this work ? look's he good to you ?

Bye :)

That is a good looking briefcase! I like the black edges and what a nice pair of buckles you found for it.

The little hanger from the handle is a nice extra detail.

Tom

Hi and welcome to the forum, glad you found us, i go to france around 2-3 times a year, i was there a couple of weaks a go near Mets, Don