jdmracer12

Whoopsie= New Holster For Me

its fine folks like you on this forum who make me want to strive to be a better holster maker. my attention span, on the other hand, I fear you are all no help. just pretend you don't see those scribe marks lol post-52112-0-14733600-1428718990_thumb.jpost-52112-0-20814800-1428719002_thumb.jpost-52112-0-31280500-1428719027_thumb.j

Good looking holster there jdmracer12, . . . I'll never show my first one on here, . . . I had no idea what I was doing at the time, . . . didn't have any source of help, . . . just glued and stitched the thing together, . . . laugh about it now, . . . but still don't show it.

Yours is really fine, . . . and if I didn't put on my specs, . . . I'd not see any scribe marks. And FYI, . . . a little judicious scribe mark here, . . . connected to another one there, . . . can be camoflaged to look as though it is the design you intended, . . . uhhhh, . . . that has happened in the past :thumbsup:

May God bless,

Dwight

To amplify what Dwight said, if you can't obliterate 'em, celebrate 'em! Scribe them in strong and run a push bevel down them. You're the only one in the world who knows you didn't intend to put them there to start with.

Mike

thanks guys. okay, a little background on this particular holster.... First off, this is My wifes pistol and I wanted to make her a cowboy holster and matching gun belt. So I set to start making this for her, and got side tracked. When I came back to it, I started dying the leather and finish sealing it. got it all sealed and realized, "hey, I didnt do any of the floral tooling". So now I have a new holster to carry her new pistol! she wanted the loop through style skirt (which I dont like) I like the riveted loop, hence the scribe lines

I really like how the dye job came out. Very nice!

Good lookin holster. I'd like to see the completed rig, belt & holster together. Holster looks fine to me. I like plain & simple, and except for a little embossing, that's the way I make mine. My patrons seem to like it , too, cause they keep ordering them. :cheers:

Tip