Just finished a knife sheath for the personal knife of owner of TripleX Knives who builds incredible bushcraft knives (www.xxxknives.com).

This is a heavy knife with a 1/4 thick blade so I used 9-10 oz leather. Tried to get a "worn in" look so I dyed it with Fiebing's medium brown dye, then well oiled with neatsfoot oil and topped it with Tandy medium brown EcoFlo Gel Antique after the oil dried.

Personally, I am most satisfied with the back. I think it looks as good, if not better than the front.

post-58588-0-86684800-1428803741_thumb.j

post-58588-0-31709600-1428803742_thumb.j

post-58588-0-65774000-1428803742_thumb.j

post-58588-0-03332300-1428803743_thumb.j

post-58588-0-36278200-1428803743_thumb.j

Very nice, I especially like the different shad of leather in the welt. I'm sure he's pleased with the work.

Stu

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I love the heck out of it.

Way to go!

Very nice sheath....but I think the rivets detract from the overall appearance, particularly on the back where the hollow tube is visible. A double cap rivet would improve that by having a solid 'head' on each side. For greater longevity, some of the #104 tubular rivets from Weaver would be a better choice...with the #104 caps.

Very nice sheath....but I think the rivets detract from the overall appearance, particularly on the back where the hollow tube is visible. A double cap rivet would improve that by having a solid 'head' on each side. For greater longevity, some of the #104 tubular rivets from Weaver would be a better choice...with the #104 caps.

Mike,

That's a great observation. I'm just starting back into to leather work after a 20 year layoff so have been working from the scrap bin and what I have on had to practice. I am ordering the double cap rivets today. I have not used the tube rivets before but really do like the looks of them. I'm in Canada and our choice of suppliers is more limited than the US so I may need to break down and order from Weaver.