6-7oz vegtan.

Wet molded sidepieces. Dyed with spirit dyes & fiebings antique paste in tooled parts.

Tandy southwest clasp & double layer handle with round insert.

Few layers of Aussie leather conditioner & vigorous buffing.

post-9760-0-37466200-1428906796_thumb.jp

post-9760-0-64532800-1428906810_thumb.jp

Very nice! Just 2 comments. The handles fold over could be skived (would be nice if that area would have been dyed black as well) and the greyish area (maybe caused by glue) on the gusset.

Very cool, neke. That's a sturdy bag, for sure. I like the feet, the carving, and the two tone dye job. Very nice. The only thing I see is the way the strap attaches. Skived (maybe even the whole strap), like Thor suggested, and had the double layer go cleanly all the way to the end, then bending it around the d-ring. You could also have made it look a little more intentional by unapologetically not matching up the end that goes around the d-ring to the end where the second layer ends. Matching it up like that brings attention to it.

Anyway, super cool bag. I'm supposed to be making something similar (in shape) for someone soon, and it was fun to see your variation.

Neke...I'd have to agree with Monica...Your tooling and two toned dye job are fantastic!

The feminine side may be coming out in me...I'm starting to really like handbags

Darn'it i just can't carry one...LOL

Keep up the good work!

Very pretty and unique. Cheryl

Thanks for comments!

I'm not totally happy with the strap either, need to study the Stohlman bible (Art of making leather cases 1-3) more closely..

Funny project anyways, first time I've tried wet molding the parts and as a matter of fact, first project that I designed the pattern, assembly and the artwork completely by myself.