Montrealleatherguy

Singer 111W556 For Sewing Dog Collar,, Any Good

i have the opportunity to buy for 250$ ,, a Singer 111w556 , machine , anybody can tell me , if it is good for what i am mostly , do : veg tan dog collar , sewing felt to 7 oz , Buffalo hides,,,any info will be greatly apreciated,,, maybe sewing easy billfod , wallet ????

I´m sure it is but depends on the condition and setup. If it has a clutch motor you probably have to buy a new servo motor and (maybe) a speed reducer for nice slow sewing and some extra torque. The 111w156 (mistyped?) can sew up to 9mm thick materials and works best with 138 thread but some can even handle 207 thread (just as mine). I´m very please with mine (built in the 1950´s).

Hello ! Thank s for the reply , i have purchased the machine and the table , did some cleaning up ,,,and i am very pleased with my purchase , i did put the wron g number , because it has a instruction book with 111w156, but on machine the tag says 111G156 , anyway i will pst the picture , i surely need a servo motot and speed reducer , i did tried a leather point needle , with a small gudebrod upholestry thread and boy it has power , mmm i need to change the motor , and maybe some thread tension , it does have setting at 7 stich per inch , powerful that machine , i will take some picture and start shopping for a servo motor and speed reducer , like you said ,,,i tought that i only need a servo motor i will let you know , Thank You Constabulary That Is great of you for your Reply

Do you have the original instruction book or a copy? if it is an original it would be great if you could scan it and post a PDF here. There is an instruction book as PDF available but the quality is not very good. I´m sure some folks would be grateful. :)

Speaking of books for these, I probably have an original one from Singer. If I do I'll post it here.

Regards, Eric

Singer 111W556 , Book pdf , sorry my book is stained by oïl , so pages look translucent . but if it can help someone ,

following pages

Singer 111W556 , Book pdf , sorry my book is stained by oïl , so pages look translucent . but if it can help someone ,

singer 111 page 1.pdf

singer 111 page 2.pdf

singer 111 page 3.pdf

Edited by Montrealleatherguy

i have bought the servo motor rex 550 , and pout a 2 inch Wheel on it , and it is a miracle , lol ... the motor in idle ,doesn`t have any sound and no vibration , excellent , now i have to find a way to adjust my tension with 138 thread, can i put size 69 in bobbin , and on top size 138 thread , anyone ,

Thanks for your work - too bad the pages are oil soaked it´s a bit irritating to read :(.

I´d rather put 92 thread in the bobbin if you need a smaller size bottom thread. But if 69 thread is required for your project and it is strong enough and the bottom is not visible you of course can try it. But you for sure have to play with the thread tension.