Here's something I finished recently. I've made the Trinity knot design before but not with the knot design in the corners. I like this corner design, it seems to go well with the knot in the center. Any comments or feedback is welcome.

post-15714-0-22704900-1429477581_thumb.jpost-15714-0-26681800-1429477601_thumb.jpost-15714-0-64753000-1429477623_thumb.jpost-15714-0-14171500-1429477733_thumb.j

Bob

really nice and clean execution. I like it a lot.

Eddie

Very Nice! I love your work Bob.

I like the different backgrounding and how it is so even - that really

shows off the knot work. I also really like the tooling on the spine and

how that came out all so even... I think I"d probably goof that up.

Nice piece, Really Nice Notebook!

Very Nice...Excellent tooling and lace work!

Very nice, Bob. I love how you switched backgrounding tools.

Nice and clean! Congratulation!

Thank all! I do like how this one turned out. The stamping down the spine was to cover a flaw in the leather. There was a small insect bite in the hide that caused a blemish that would have shown up when antiquing. I cut the leather so the mark would end up on the spine and then stamped it so you couldn't see it. Might have to try it on more notebooks though as it turned out nice.

Very nice, I like the bargrounding. Was the antique applied over the undyed leather or did you dye it in anything? It looks very classy.

Nice work Bob! Very clean and you backround is nearly perfect :thumbsup:

This is absolutely beautiful. Fantastic job with the E-whatever tool matting. I've never been able to get it to look that even and uniform. I also really like the use of the geometric tool along the spine.

The carving is splendid and beautiful.

Very nice, I like the bargrounding. Was the antique applied over the undyed leather or did you dye it in anything? It looks very classy.

Thanks Odin! I first apply a thin coat of Neatsfoot oil, which darkens the leather slightly. I then apply Wyosheen (it's the same as Neat Lac or Clear Lac) over the undyed leather as a resist, then I applied Eco-Flo Saddle Tan. The leather still absorbs a little of the color but the bargrounded areas pick up a lot to give it contrast. I then faded the bargrounding into the rest of the area that was matted with a pebble matter.

Does that make sense?

Thanks Bob, Yes that makes sense, thank you. I dont think I can get Wyosheen in the UK. I think the closest I can use as a resist is Super Sheen. I hope I can get a similar effect with whats available to me.

I've used Super Shene and it takes multiple coats to get a good resistance built up.

I see, if flexed, did it crack at all after multiple coatings? I hope I can find a source for Wyosheen over here.

Is the inside lined with suede?

Odin, the inside of the notebook is lined with pig skin. The pocket is a 3 oz vegtan.

One other note regarding the lacquer, I've heard of people using what they called a 'brush lacquer' made for wood on their leather. Apparently it works as well as the 'lac' products we traditionally use on leather, and it may be the same thing. I'm told the product that was sold as Neat Lac and is now sold as Clear Lac or Wyosheen is really a lacquer that is made for some other use. It may be originally intended for sealing wood. Definitely try anything you find on some scrap first and make sure it works.

Bob

Very nice, I really like it.

Amazing!

Thanks all!