terrypen

Pattern For Medicine Pouch?

Anyone have a pattern for a medicine ball? A native american style made with deer leather?

BTW: a co-worker gave me a deer hide of about 12sq ft, all he wants in return is a couple pairs of gloves and a native american pouch (like a money bag)

I am confused are you asking for Medicine ball or medicine pouch or both?

Here is a tutorial for medicine pouch that might help. http://www.sterlingsculptures.com/Resources_folder/Pouches_folder/Pouches.htm

Edited by camano ridge

Oooh, pretty pouch is pretty!

I needed another excuse to get more garment leather... really... I did... sort of...

If you do a search on pinterest for Medicine pouch or medicine bag you will find a lot of variations as well as some patterns. They can be made pretty simply. Decide the height and width, it can be made out of one or two pieces if one piece figure the front length a little bit for the bottom bend then the length of the back which would be the same as the front add to the back enough length to create a flap. Add together for total length needed. cut your piece fold so that the grain side faces each other and the flesh side is on the out side. Stitch the side seams and then turn the sac inside out so that the grain side is now on the outside.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all!!!

Thanks for the patterns Deb. IDK if I'm the only one who's like this but I need a pattern for EVERYTHING cause for some reason, I can't seem to ever draw a straight line LMAO! Sad but oh so true.

You're very welcome Ohsew. You've arrived at the right place. There are some awesome patterns here.