gottaknow

Adler 467 For Venator

The oil pump system on my Adler 467 appears to work just fine, even at slow speeds. The oil drips from the little brass tube inside the head a little slower when I sew at slow, count-along speeds, but oil does flow and drip every few seconds. At least on my machine I think the 467 pump oiling system would be just fine for sewing at slow to moderate speeds, really. It won't hurt to do the occasional high speed bobbin wind or empty run. 

Uwe, nice to hear your diagnosis : My machine has no corrosion and seem to be well lubricated at even slow speed as well ... I will have a control to that in the next weeks. The truth is that the machine is running very smoothly, I'm very pleased with it.

Even if I'm usually using a separate electric bobbin winder, I will use the "in case" 467 bobbin winder to let the machine run to high speed !

Wow, great info Eric! Thanks for posting all this. I've looked at some of this stuff over the years but have frankly been too intimidated to mess with some of it. Having it explained with pic's makes it seem less daunting.

Mark

Eric Admirable sense of pride in your workmanship, plus congratulations for the spirit of sharing..

Many moons ago, working on a bicycle shop, my manager use to say "Lets make every $300 bike, perform like a $3000 bike"

Sure pipe dream, but many times with a little more care and a file and a drill and a few other little tools) you can make them perform two-three steps up on the line up (for a time since the parts are just not as well made and will wear out faster, flex a little here and there, etc..)

I any case I salute you because you take you work as serious as a NASA project director,  just the way it got to be..

Ricky..

This is a great read on this Thread, well worth the time to take and go threw . 'competent' sew tech.  like ( Eric ) are harder to find now days ( never met him ) .
Reading this thread makes me feel SOooooooo Grateful to know a couple techs formal trained by years of machine industrial sew repair, that I can get my machines to when I have been pushed to my limit on sew machine repair knowledge .
Up here in NW. Oregon, years ago it was a sew mecca at one time especially outdoor/sporting . Now, 'Real Techs'  are slimmer pickings, I  know 2 that will do mobile, and one that I can drive over and drop off a machine . But I can imagine that it would really suck and be stressful to say the least if you lived in area that had No competent sew repair locally that you could count on when there is trouble that you cant find answer or fix for .

Thank you for documenting the troubleshooting and steps to get this machine sewing well! There is amazing information in this thread.

I just purchased an Adler 467 that originally had all of the pneumatic controls that has been simplified by removing the components, and now has a generic servo motor. Having this information and the pictures helps a ton to make sense of what is going on, or what should be going on with the oiling system and hook.  I'm hoping to get it working with the Efka V720 controls and pneumatic cylinders, if possible. I'll post about it in a new thread.

Recently acquired an Adler 467 and find the forum and this thread especially very informative. Machine very dirty and I am currently just spending time cleaning everything. I notice that the "plate" #8 on the diagram on mine is completely torn as per the 2nd picture. The front cover of the machine has a T-like felt of which one of the legs of the T is suppose to rest on top of the plate assisting with the lubrication. Logic tells me that the plate acts as a oil catch can as there is a wick on top of the plate too. I am of the view that it is important to replace the torn plate to avoid oil making a mess on the workpiece. Has anyone replaced this plate before and how big a job is it as it seems as if the oval hole in the plate fits snug on to the "Needle Bar Swing" #3 on the diagram. Does the needle bar swing need to be removed as there is very little space to try and manoeuvre that plate past the cast iron housing of the machine?

Plate and Needle bar swing arm.jpg

Plate.jpg