Darren Brosowski

Chinese Shoe Patcher, Parts And Instructions

I am only mentioning this here because there have been a few threads about the crude little Chinese patchers. In the last few days I have listed a range of spare parts, accessories, bobbin winder and manual on my ebay store;

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Able-Sewing/ABLE290-/_i.html?_fsub=6149943015&_sid=47422815&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Despite being rather crude these machines work very well when they are set up properly and the manual will help. If you are looking at buying a full kit then email me direct darren@ablesewing.com.au and I will do you a better price.

To anyone who sells this machine please note that the manual is subject to copywrite and legal action will be taken if I find that my manual has been copied in part or full.

Will the drill kit work in america? The plugs look different.

I am only mentioning this here because there have been a few threads about the crude little Chinese patchers. In the last few days I have listed a range of spare parts, accessories, bobbin winder and manual on my ebay store;

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Able-Sewing/ABLE290-/_i.html?_fsub=6149943015&_sid=47422815&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

Despite being rather crude these machines work very well when they are set up properly and the manual will help. If you are looking at buying a full kit then email me direct darren@ablesewing.com.au and I will do you a better price.

To anyone who sells this machine please note that the manual is subject to copywrite and legal action will be taken if I find that my manual has been copied in part or full.

Good luck taking legal action on a copywrite. See link below.

http://grammarist.com/usage/copyright-copywrite/

The drill is not included in the kit - you supply your own.

You would need to change the plugs on the foot control to suit the US

Is it difficult to change the plugs? I assume just snip the old one off and hook up one from the local hardware store, right?

As long as you are cofortable with changing the plugs.

Is it difficult to change the plugs? I assume just snip the old one off and hook up one from the local hardware store, right?

Might be easier to use a plug adapter. These can be bought at luggage/travel stores.

On the subject of the crude Chinese patches. I have one and it is brilliant. I have mine set up for just a few applications and it stitches like a little champion. For the price you can't go wrong.

may pick the drill kit. have to get a few things off the bench first. Thanks for the info!

So funny, thornton. I laughed out loud.

I have a paralegal degree and was working on a Masters in Modern Language (when I was hit by a car), so I was probably your maximum 'target audience' for seeing the humor in it.

I have a paralegal degree and was working on a Masters in Modern Language (when I was hit by a car), so I was probably your maximum 'target audience' for seeing the humor in it.

I would have thought the OP would have figured it out.

He probably did.

On 4/23/2015 at 9:21 PM, Darren Brosowski said:

This is an old thread I just found.

Link no longer works.

I have one of those Chinese cobbler machines but can't get it to work. Is there a website for the manual, a PDF? 

Thanks.

I found this manual that seems like it might be a good manual at https://www.scribd.com/document/486330576/China-patcher-users-manual71719-pdf

I setup an acct (free), uploaded a different manual and it allowed me to download China Patcher Users Manual71719 PDF 13 page manual.  Just glancing at the manual it seems like it might be the best around.  I also have a pdf copy of the manual that comes with the machine - as you'd expect it's a poor manual.

Since you're new to the machine you might like to look at the facebook group for the machine - it's active and some good folks to help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1646031288779869/questions

I sure wish they'd move the group form FB to a real forum - that would be MUCH easier to read, and find old posts.

I just realized I could attach a file - so it's attached and you don't have to fool with the scribd place.

Ken H>

China-patcher-users-manual.pdf

2 hours ago, ZARDOZ the GREAT said:

This is an old thread I just found.

Link no longer works.

I have one of those Chinese cobbler machines but can't get it to work. Is there a website for the manual, a PDF? 

Thanks.

plus there are tons of you tubes on it as well as quite a few here use them so if you have questions ask.

Local/Cell/Text: 208-201-1544
Email: bantamsaddletack@yahoo.com

parts

videos  

Facebook support 

IMG_0290.png

As @Frodo said, that's the guy that I got all the adjustments from, but in order for anything to work that was my biggest frustration from the start was taking the hook and bottom carrier out and getting all the black crap off it. You'll never get it to work till it's sanded and buffed completely smooth. @chuck123wapati is the latest to get one working so plenty of people here got one and have gone through everything to get working

Edited you take  anything apart

turn the crank so that the handle is in the 12 o’clock position

take a picture of the orientation of the  2 cams  in relation to the 12 o’clock handle

this picture wil be of help at a later time . At the same time

open  the bobbin door and take a picture of the orientation of the bobbin carrier hook in relation with the needle while the handle on the crank is at 12 oclock

Just now, Frodo said:

Before you take  anything apart

take a picture of the orientation of the  2 cams  in relation to the 12 o’clock handle

this picture wil be of help at a later time .
At the same time

open  the bobbin door and take a picture of the orientation of the bobbin carrier hook in relation with the needle while the handle on the crank is at 12 oclock

On 9/26/2023 at 11:08 AM, KenH said:

I found this manual that seems like it might be a good manual at https://www.scribd.com/document/486330576/China-patcher-users-manual71719-pdf

I setup an acct (free), uploaded a different manual and it allowed me to download China Patcher Users Manual71719 PDF 13 page manual.  Just glancing at the manual it seems like it might be the best around.  I also have a pdf copy of the manual that comes with the machine - as you'd expect it's a poor manual.

Since you're new to the machine you might like to look at the facebook group for the machine - it's active and some good folks to help.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1646031288779869/questions

I sure wish they'd move the group form FB to a real forum - that would be MUCH easier to read, and find old posts.

I just realized I could attach a file - so it's attached and you don't have to fool with the scribd place.

Ken H>

China-patcher-users-manual.pdf 544 kB · 7 downloads

Sorry I took so long to reply... life!

Thank you very much for that manual!!!

On 9/26/2023 at 12:17 PM, chuck123wapati said:

plus there are tons of you tubes on it as well as quite a few here use them so if you have questions ask.

Thank you!

On 9/26/2023 at 11:01 PM, Burkhardt said:

As @Frodo said, that's the guy that I got all the adjustments from, but in order for anything to work that was my biggest frustration from the start was taking the hook and bottom carrier out and getting all the black crap off it. You'll never get it to work till it's sanded and buffed completely smooth. @chuck123wapati is the latest to get one working so plenty of people here got one and have gone through everything to get working

Thanks!

On 9/27/2023 at 1:41 AM, Frodo said:

Edited you take  anything apart

this picture wil be of help at a later time . At the same time

OK

Thank you!