papaw

Blood Knot

Has anyone seen a tool called Blood Knot Pliers?

Are you referring to a bleed knot used in leather like pictured below. I have not seen pliers specific for that or pliers called blood knot pliers. In fishing there is a blood knot and there is what is called a blood knot tool for tying the blood knot. Here is a tutorial on doing a bleed knot. http://www.deepwatertack.co.uk/html/bleed_knots.html Basically you need something sharp to poke a hole and a pair of needle nose pliers can come in handy.

post-15001-0-64545700-1430074621_thumb.j

Edited by camano ridge

Needle nose pliers is what i always used.

Yes, Ron's Tools makes a pair, he calls them bleeder pliers. One edge is sharpened and a very sharp point that you use like a regular bleeder, but then you can pull the tip of the string back through the hole you just cut.

I've made that knot using nothing more than a pocket knife for over 50 years. But never knew what to call it. I always referred to it as a "saddle string knot". The special pliers sound interesting though, as i have cut many off center with the old Schrade Walden.

Well you see something new everyday on here. http://www.ronstools.com/assorted_leather_tools.pdf of course at $79.00 you can buy a couple of pocket knives and $4.00 Harbor Freight pliers :)

We use that knot for attaching wide laces to our conchos. Also use what they call end cutting pliers to cut the slots..

I heard about it the other day. I just use a wood spade bit with the point cut off and grind it then sharpen it, but thought I would ask about it too much. Maybe I'll try to make a set. Thanks for the site and info.