I have been having issues applying protection stuff like super sheen or satin sheen. I use a damp sponge to apply it. It always removes some of the dye. I use oil dyes and gel antiques. Sometimes it doesn't hurt my project. But I am working on a holster that I applied black gel antique to it. I really liked the way it came out. But when I applied the satin sheen it removed some of the dye and now leather is showing through. Is there any way to fix this or do I sell like it is telling people is an antique effect? How do others here apply the protection finish and what do you use?

Reason being water soluble. Review the properties of the products you're using, please. And as always, try your stuff on a scrap piece first.

I wouldn't buy a messed up item. Back to scratch or giving it away if you can't strip it well and do it again.

You can probly take the finish off with some deglazer and redye it. I don't use a sponge to put on finish it's too abrasive, I use sheep wool and rub lightly. Are you letting the antique and dye dry 12 hours or overnight before the finish? If all else fails someone might like a solid black holster.

I use to have the same problem, my own personal solution is increase patience(very difficult some times). I leave the pieces 48 hours(!!!) before finishing layer.

Airbrush is a good way to apply your sealer.