Evo160K

What Machine Do These Presser Feet Fit?

Hey,there is nothing wrong with a bit of friendly banter darren! No bad feelings here at all fella. :-)

I think it's just a personal stickler of mine when it comes to chinese stuff. Whilst there are some good chinese products,I just think that China overall is pumping out billions of pounds worth of cheap,nasty,poorly made crap into the world and it's destroying good reputable businesses in its wake. Companies are producing good quality products,as they have been for many years then along comes a Chinese company that clones it and sells it for half the price. And they get away with it because the metal used is just reformed baked bean tins and let's face it,labour is virtually free in China. The end result is a consumer that has to buy twice due to poor manufacturing...

This is why the modern world in which we live our lives has become a throw away society.the Chinese couldnt make decent steel if they tried!

Unfortunately a lot of what China builds is price driven by us - the consumers.

The top end product is pretty good and will get better over the next few years. The CB4500 is not yet as good as a Juki 441 but at 1/3rd the price it is 10 times the value.

Almost every product fault I have seen in a Chinese sewing machine has been due to poor initial adjustment and lack of oil in critical parts. I have been guilty of this myself with a machine where I missed the fact that the two grub screws that hold the top bushes in place were not tightened during assembly. The customer moved the machine from workshop to another and when he put the (tight) balance wheel back on the bushes moved - shit happens - but it is something I now check on every one of these machines.

When it comes to a whole range of consumer products I disagree with how most companies have responded. An example is a quality boot manufacturer in my home town who initially tried to compete with China and then decided to just make the product over there. If I was the marketing manager - and yes I have studied marketing as part of a business degree course - I would have kept making the product here and raised the quality. There is no point fighting to the bottom where there is no profit. Make the best, raise the price and be loud and proud about it. People quickly get sick of cheap rubbish and will go back to a product that they know will last.

Obviously there is a huge difference between a $200 pair of boots and a $2000 sewing machine when it comes to putting out the hard earned dollar