hxmaker

Juki 1541 (Not 1541S): What Is This Part Stopping The Hook? - Photo Included

I have recently started to work with a Juki 1541. After overhauling the timing and sewing successfully for a few days, the machine broke down mid-stitch. At first, I thought I'd have to reset a safety catch like on my Juki 1541S, but there is no such creature on this machine (the same button is there, but it is just a filler on the chassis - it doesn't connect to anything). Digging around underneath, I found that this little tine with a bump on it is catching in the hook assembly. I can't find anything about this part in the manual, figure out its name, or catch on to its purpose in normal operation yet. Here is a picture:

jukimarkedup

Note: this is not an actual picture of my machine, just one I found online and marked up.
Anything you can tell me about this part's name or function will be helpful to me. Also, if the problem sounds familliar and you know how to troubleshoot it, that'd be great.
Thanks for the help,
Brian

Brian that part in the juki parts book is called: bobbin case positioning finger # 214 03704.

From the little I know as the series machine is new to me, It helps organize the thread from the hook.

Trying to understand the same specific parts a bit more myself, but anyway the "basket/ bobbin case holder" is held in the 12:00 position with a slot that the tab you mention sets in.

The "opener" they call it moves the basket/inner hook slightly letting the thread pass by.

Good day and the brilliant minds will stop in

Just to add something there, from right to left is the Hook, basket/inner hook, bobbin case, and bobbin, then the positioning finger.

Probably some thread between the basket and hook, the 6 screws holding guards on the hook can be removed and the basket/inner hook can be removed with some patience. In this area you can see and or find obstructions/thread also this is an area that needs oil so the checking and monitoring of that at speeds you use will benefit ya down the road.

good luck and keep us posted

Edited by brmax

I had a thread jam and found out about this part here see Greggs posts on this link

http://www.upholster.com/upholstery-forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=9577.0

There is a similar photo and instructions on how to engage the tab with the bobbin hook....I followed these and its now OK Rgds Harry

Edited by Harrybodger

Hey Harry,

I have watched quite a few of your vids on YouTube.....good stuff.

Thank you everyone for the great info. I'm going to get into the shop today and try to hash things out. I'll keep you posted!