NewYorkerInSydney

Where Can I Get These Kind Of Feet For My Machine?

Hi folks,

I have a Juki LU 1508 sewing machine. It has a black walking foot that is black and clunky looking. Its hard to see my stitches if Im trying to go into a specific hole for example when Im reversing etc. I have seen a few machines in this forum that have smaller feet that make it HEAPS easier to see what you're doing. Can anyone tell me if those kinds of feet are available for my machine? Ive looked online for feet for my machine but all I see are the clunky big black ones. I have a attached a photo of the kind of walking foot I have (Its the all black feet) and the feet I have seen that I want (all silver with opening).

REALLY appreciate your help.

Many thanks,

NYIS

post-12004-0-49975000-1430818360_thumb.j

post-12004-0-49605600-1430818468_thumb.j

post-12004-0-43997200-1430819181_thumb.j

Edited by NewYorkerInSydney

Hi folks,

I have a Juki LU 1508 sewing machine. It has a black walking foot that is black and clunky looking. Its hard to see my stitches if Im trying to go into a specific hole for example when Im reversing etc. I have seen a few machines in this forum that have smaller feet that make it HEAPS easier to see what you're doing. Can anyone tell me if those kinds of feet are available for my machine? Ive looked online for feet for my machine but all I see are the clunky big black ones. I have a attached a photo of the kind of walking foot I have (Its the all black feet) and the feet I have seen that I want (all silver with opening).

REALLY appreciate your help.

Many thanks,

NYIS

Hey that second photo looks familiar! :)

Unfortunately these feet are custom made for our Techsew 5100 and aren't compatible with the Juki 1508. For increased visibility you can use a left toe zipper foot, most industrial sewing machine dealers have them for your machine.

Ron

Hiya Ron,

Thanks for your reply. :)

My presser foot is one of those left toe ones you mention. I find it really really hard to see with it. If I can't find someone who makes the feet I want,maybe I can grind mine or something to cut off part of the foot or something so that I can see where in bartacking into?

Don't know what else to do.

Nyis

Edited by NewYorkerInSydney

I think the Juki is using the standard Singer 111w type feet. The well assorted known dealers will have them and you can find a wide range on Ebay or at College Sewing in the UK.

You can probably use an inside binder foot and modify it a little bit.

Hi NYIS,

Are these what you are looking for? These are standard fare on our Cobra Class 18 machines - and they will definitely fit on your Juki.

Thanks

Cobra Dave

Leather Machine Co. Inc.

www.Leathermachineco.com

post-25643-0-29581700-1430864746_thumb.j

Hi Cobra Dave et all,

Thanks to you all for your help. Dave, yes that's what I'm looking for. Can I really use that presser foot in your photo on my Juki 1508? If so, I'd love to purchase one. Just fell me how to order one.

Big thanks,

Nyis

Hi NYIS,

Are these what you are looking for? These are standard fare on our Cobra Class 18 machines - and they will definitely fit on your Juki.

Thanks

Cobra Dave

Leather Machine Co. Inc.

www.Leathermachineco.com

Dave,

Just visited your website. Is the presser foot in the picture you showed me your "center toe" presser foot? Also do I need to use it with your left or right feet as well? One more thing, I noticed that the center toe description read read that it has a groover foot so that it will groove the leather for the stitches. Can I order it without that function?

Many thanks!

Nyis