Hello fellow bikers and leather lovers. I love this site and I’ve learned so much from you guys.

I’d like to share this pattern for a sissy bar bag in 2 sizes – small bobber size (carry your lunch) and large for the big baggers (carry the whole picnic).

Small measures about 12” X 9” X 7”, Large 15” X 10” X 9”. The loop on the top is fastened with velco inside. Shoulder strap is about 46” long.

I have not constructed mine yet but I have cut it out and dry fit the pieces from heavy buffalo. I just haven’t got up the courage to stitch it together yet as I’m not used to working with leather this heavy, and I have some weakness in my hands; so it may take a while.

Here are drawings of the bag and print layout to help reassemble the pages.

PDFs are tiled, so print at full size

To assemble the bag, I suggest attaching the flap to back, sides, then front. Attach bottom last.

If you choose to try it, please share your results. I always enjoy seeing all your talent and creativity.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0gKlPSNuZkrfnRPcUNpRDFqa2prUVF1eGJfN0FrcVRkWTdQUHo0NS1WbUg0dWRmUC1LWjA&usp=sharing

post-32368-0-07150200-1431431934_thumb.j

post-32368-0-51780500-1431431953_thumb.j

Awesome thanks!

DebHop, thanks for sharing the pattern. I got a call to make a sissy bar bag and I was wondering what the best way to attach it. Is there a generic attachment style or will I need measurements from the actual bike.

What is the best way to attach a bag to a sissy bar? I am also thinking I might need to make some sort of floor support so it doesn't collapse over the edges of the frame.

BTW, it is for a new model Indian.

Attached is a picture of the bike and an Idea of the sissy bar...

20150603_175703_zpsdghaoqy4.jpg

Hey BigMat,

in the pic below shows where the strap laces through the back of the bag so you can weave it around the sissy bar.

as for that beautiful Indian, you may need a little modification -- maybe move the slots up some.

then, the loop on top is meant to wrap around the top of the sissy bar, but with that back rest it may not work.

it shouldn't be too difficult to fit it to the rack and strap it on.

Please share when you get it together, I'm a big fan of the Indian.

and let me know if you have other questions.

post-32368-0-02559400-1433459429_thumb.j

I see now, that makes sense.

Thanks for the reply!

By the way, what should something like this cost? I am trying to decide what to tell the guy before I invest a lot of time and money in this bag.

Edited by BigMatt

Thanks for sharing the pattern!

I see now, that makes sense.

Thanks for the reply!

By the way, what should something like this cost? I am trying to decide what to tell the guy before I invest a lot of time and money in this bag.

I don't sell anything I make but I love to buy stuff for my bike. Couple years ago I paid 175 for a very simple bag at the Harley store cause I needed the storage. Something custom for that bike I'd think be worth twice that at least.