thecruffler

Armor Modifed For A Steampunk Look

A new helmet and a modified front plate tactical carrier

post-55690-0-26687300-1431484779_thumb.j

post-55690-0-19540200-1431484786_thumb.j

WOW. I have some friends who are bugging me to build some armour for them, and I keep seeing stuff like this and hoping I can produce something which comes even a little bit close.

I don't suppose you have any patterns or guides of how you made the individual sections?

Tape 8-1/2 x 11 sheets of paper all around them. draw a sketch on them with what features you want.

Take off the paper and cut out the sections and shapes.

And then the real secret..... get that fabric carpet padding. I initially got a 4 by 10 foot section for $20

trace the paper patterns you made onto the carpet padding with a permanent marker and cut it out.

You can then piece the padding together with string or duct tape and create the entire outfit with carpet padding.

add , subtract, or recut padding until you get the desire look and range of movement.

use the carpet padding sections as patterns to trace the outline on the leather.

you will seldom waste any leather that way.

Man that is nice.

Wow, that is so cool!

I really, really want to wear that just walking around the neighborhood, or perhaps even to Walmart. It's MADD Max meets mid evil.

Really nice work and the tip for building the pattern is first rate. I'm stealing it to make a hunting chest plate for my dog.

Thank-you for sharing both.

I really how the shoulder's attach to the breastplate. The straps blend to the armor so well you barely notice them. This looks great!

Awesome! Wa-WoW!!!!