Sorry I don't have better pics. Two pocket, creditcard sized, coin-purses.

My dyeing technique is coming along.

post-49954-0-77901800-1431487164_thumb.j

post-49954-0-95297500-1431487303_thumb.j

Very nice work, they look great!

I like the distinctive look you've got going.

Thanks MJ. I want my work to have distinctive look.

The pic I posted looks too dark on this site. I adjusted the levels. See if this looks better

post-49954-0-39788000-1431564658_thumb.j

Nice drawing. Makes my hand itchy but I know it will be a disaster for me. How I wish my hands can draw and paint as well. May I know what paint do you use? Angelus?

That's some painting and tooling you have done. the cheek on the cardinal caught my eye.

Well done.

I use Tandy's Eco-Flo dyes. They mix well and dilute with water. Applied with taklon artist brush you can pick up anywhere (I think I got mine at Walmart). I screwed up on the goldfinch. It was a brighter yellow, but when I applied the Super Shene finish, it picked up some of the black and made the yellow dingy. What I should have done, is done the black first, buffed it, then locked it in with a coat of finish before doing the yellow area.

Painting with dye can be a bit tricky. Of course you need to work slow and careful to "stay inside the lines" but there are other things to keep in mind. I apply dye after tooling and before conditioning with any oils. At this point the leather is really "thirsty" and will soak up the dye well. Which is good because it colors the leather like you want it to, but it also has a tendency to bleed out. The dye simply refuses to recognize that line you cut and beveled and crosses right over. So you want your brush nearly dry when you get to the edges of where you want it. A bigger annoyance for me is when I make a brush stroke, as the brush comes off the leather the tips of the fibers will fling little drops of dye where you don't want it.

Edited by FoamerAce

Your projects are in a distinctive class all their own ! Yes, I think like Monica in that regard.

But materialistically you have a distinct talent also ! I like your designs and colors in these billfolds too

they remind me of Eastern Indian designs really nice work there. WildBill46