suhajko

Clicker Press In Europe

Hey guys. I think I will be needing one or something similar. The Tippmann machines look good but ordering from the US I would rather avoid.. Any recommendations where to get something like this in Europe?

A good manual press might be OK as well.

Many thanks.

Where about in Europe? I've seen quite a few on eBay Germany lately.

Im located in Slovakia... Could you send me some links? Or at least a german expression that will look up the results on the german ebay?

The Lucris Handpress M A III Series - Manual clicker is available in Europe from either Germany;

http://www.starcuttingboards.de/en/handstanze.html

Or UK;

https://www.alpress.co.uk/new-products.html

As far as I know it's trade only and unfortunately the price range seems to change quite often, but unless you're going to use clicker templates that are for bag making this is still a very economical alternative, not to mention that they are small and doesn't need electricity.

If you contact them for a price quote, I think a lot of people here would like to know the current prices!

Good Luck!

Edited by ConradPark

About £1600 on the UK if I remember correctly

Many thanks for all the replies :)

All the huge presses are too big for my purposes, this is the reason why I mostly considered the Tippmann presses. They do have a lot of power, the cutting space would be sufficient and the price is more or less acceptable. Only problem is the expensive shipping to Europe + customs hassle which do bug me a lot.

The small Lucris hand press seems quite interesting and might do the job as well. I have sent a quote request, lets see what they reply

FYI, the Tippmann press is a branded version of a medical cutting press sold in Thailand for a LOT less money.

I used to know where to get it. And almost did when I lived there. Unfortunately, circumstances changed, and I returned to Austria before I completed the purchase.

I'll post the contact info if I can ever find it again.

On 5/14/2015 at 9:57 AM, suhajko said:

Many thanks for all the replies :)

All the huge presses are too big for my purposes, this is the reason why I mostly considered the Tippmann presses. They do have a lot of power, the cutting space would be sufficient and the price is more or less acceptable. Only problem is the expensive shipping to Europe + customs hassle which do bug me a lot.

The small Lucris hand press seems quite interesting and might do the job as well. I have sent a quote request, lets see what they reply

I use a benchtop press intended to motor mechanics to press wheel bearings in/out. It presses up to 6 tons and cost me £55, plus about £15 for a heavy steel bottom plate, a 6mm plate to spread the pressure across the die, and a heavy duty plastic cutting board. It doesn't take up much space and, being handraulic, is easy on the electric bill ;-)

s-l500.jpg

13 hours ago, Matt S said:

I use a benchtop press intended to motor mechanics to press wheel bearings in/out. It presses up to 6 tons and cost me £55, plus about £15 for a heavy steel bottom plate, a 6mm plate to spread the pressure across the die, and a heavy duty plastic cutting board. It doesn't take up much space and, being handraulic, is easy on the electric bill ;-)

s-l500.jpg

Does it work pretty good? Harbor freight here in the states carries this type of press.

10 hours ago, bikermutt07 said:

Does it work pretty good? Harbor freight here in the states carries this type of press.

Works fine, the main limitation being size. Any die bigger than my spread hand needs multiple hits across its surface. The uprights on mine are 13" apart, which is another limitation. With 1-2mm leather (like for wallets) I can make a full cut in three strokes of the handle, 1-2 more strokes needed if it's thicker leather like for a belt. I have a cheap locking pliers permanently on the release valve, which makes it much faster and less fiddly to operate and a mark on the ram to tell me when it's raised enough to clear the die. This reduces my tendency to raise it further than necessary and waste time pumping it back down. Some people fit a depth limiter made out of a bolt but I can feel when the die has cut fully through and stop before it buries itself in the cutting board. The whole thing sits in a 18" square footprint on a stand I built out of 2x3s but it would do fine on a bench or table.

So it's not perfect, but for under £100, vs. £1500-odd for a Lucris of similar capacity, these limitations are quite acceptable. The same machine can also be used for pressing embossing plates, with a little care.

I can't find out what the Thai company is that sells clicker presses like Tippmann's to the Thai medical community in Bangkok.

I've used every search term I can think of, and combed through all of my bookmarks and documents on a couple of computers. All to no avail.

If I ever find it, I'll share it here.

Cheers!

LJS

UPDATE :

I thought I had FOUND the Tippmann style presses made by Bentz and at least one other firm.
Unfortunately, many of the links are broken.

If you want to try your luck, you will have to scroll down to near the bottom of the first page, for the Bentz. then go to the second page to look for other. 

While this is not the Thai source, if you find a working link, it is a potential source of a pneumatic clicker press.

http://www.industrycortex.com/products/results/leather-clicker-press

Edited by MavericKLeathers
Update info

33 minutes ago, MavericKLeathers said:

I can't find out what the Thai company is that sells clicker presses like Tippmann's to the Thai medical community in Bangkok.

I've used every search term I can think of, and combed through all of my bookmarks and documents on a couple of computers. All to no avail.

If I ever find it, I'll share it here.

Cheers!

LJS

Dang, I started following this in the hopes you would find it again.

something like the alpress hand clicker supplies a good pressure and is bullet proof, no hydraulics or electricity for the smaller jobs, just keep the knives sharp and the layers not to many

Similar item here

Edited by chrisash