Men dress belt made from Tuscany belt leather 8/9 oz split with splitter,filler glued into place and all stitched back together again.Leather is tan in colour,and achieved this colour once I finished it 50/50 Resolene.post-37617-0-77503700-1431506258_thumb.j

Looks very nice! Out of curiosity, are you using any machines when producing a belt like this besides a sewing machine and a clicker press? And do you use leather for the filler or any other material? Would be nice if you wanted to share these 'secrets', thanks.

Edited by ConradPark

Hi there to ConradPark,

Machine sewed and splitter.With the splitter I split 8/9oz in two.The top piece is the thinner of the two,about 1.5 mm.The flesh side then ends up about 2 mm.This belt is 1and a half inches wide ,so I actually cut my piece of leather 2" wide to start.split it then glue your filler in the middle of your bottom piece then glue your top piece on.I then use a small roller to roll down either side of filler to get that puffed up look.Let dry then sew as close as you can to your filler.Leave enough leather on either side of your filler to allow your foot to walk on,then when finished stitching cut of excess as close as you like to your stitching,edge and burnish.The filler was a piece of Austin Dbl/Shoulder8/9oz and I used a number 4 edger on the top of filler only.Filler was7/8"wide.I used a splitter,not a clicker!!Also I don't know if this is the correct way but it works for me and the end result looks pretty smart.

That is a great looking belt! Thanks for the information on how you do it too. Very interesting.