Hi everyone,my name is Suzie, I am so pleased with this site and would like to say thank you everyone,young,old,seasoned expert and novice alike. this has become part of my daily ritual,exploring all the information and I am blown away at the comradery that exists between everyone here. I've been visiting this site almost everyday since I've joined back in October 2014. It would only be fair to contribute with the wealth of knowledge right here at any time It is money well spent and so glad I've found you all. I finally got the courage up, and thought I would introduce myself,and perhaps ask for a little guidance from time to time as I'm on the green side of all this "leather "business".But I've been bitten by the bug BAAAAADDDD and now I'm at a point in my life that I can and have chosen to dive in all the way,head first and pursue the craft in more serious manner. The more I learn about what can be done the more I become entranced and obsessed. So thank god for this site, and all of you.Now for my first question of which I'm sure won't be my last: I apologize for the repetition,cause I know this question has been asked before. But what machine would compliment a cowboy 4500? For sewing on the lighter end of the spectrum. Let's say light to mid weight leather purses,bags,and the linings. Also will be needing to install zippers and trim,along with the occasional embellishment.I will also be using upholstery cloth.I'm looking for a cylinder bed,which I can accommodate with a flat bed attachment if needed. Servo motor, But would really appreciate some expertise on choosing a machine that will bring me many years of service. I'm not opposed to purchasing a used machine if it is of good quality and mechanically sound. I did check out the various Tech sew models 2600,2700,2750,2800. Not quite clear on what makes each one specially different.As I'm sure there are many other machines that I am not aware of. I do love my 4500 cowboy though(thanks to Ryan Neel at Neels saddlery in Ohio)which sews beautifully but I need something that can accommodate thread down to 69 on up to 138 or even 207 tops.I could ask Ryan Neel but was curious of Any suggestions on makes and model numbers and their clone counterparts that you all might suggest too. Does anybody have a favorite machine as their "go to" for this kind of work? I happen to live in north eastern Pennsylvania,so I have to keep that in mind to keep the shipping cost down. Oh, and if I were to be purchasing a used machine,what to watch out for and fair prices for such. So I don't end up with a piece of s"crap". Thanks everyone. Suzie,aka suznu

I have a Consew 227R-2 with servo motor. I live in Bethlehem PA . send me a pm if you want to try it out.

In general I would suggest the dealer closest to you so you can visit and try machines with samples of the work you want to do.

Does anyone know of any industrial machine dealers in north east Pennsylvania,preferably near the Lehigh Valley?

Keystone sewing machies in Philly. Not sure thats any were close to you though.