Bonadrag12

Buying A Juki 1541S - I Have A Few Questions

Hi guys!

So I found a semi used Juki 1541s for sale and I'm going to go take a look at it this weekend. Apparently it only has approximately 7 hrs of use on it. I'm just curious though if you guys could point out some obvious red flags I should look for when I go and inspect the machine? I've only ever used a Juki straight stitch at school, so I'm new to the walking foot.

Also, I'm having trouble finding someone with a truck in case I do decide to get it. I have a fairly roomy hatchback.... would I beable to safely dissassemble it i.e. remove the legs from the table top and transport it that way?

Any help, comments, suggestions are greatly appreciated!

The table/k-stand measures 48"Lx22"Wx30"H, With any tooling that is included (a screw driver) so the v-belt guard on the right side if installed, can be removed so tilting the machine head back for some inspection is possible now that would be great, its like 4 screws.

Anyway you already know running the machine as sewing a patch of something is great, but looking at the oil level in the tank when tilting the machine head back is obviously there and just a general looksee for clean metal and not results from a wet area like rust.

No matter transporting you will want to remove these parts, As the industrials tilt back the machine can be removed from the table. These are like 50-80lbs just the white part on that one is the in the high numbers.

Some of them have on the needle end an inspection door or removable 3 screw cap and allows a inspection, door is nice and 85bucs.

Im sure that hatch back can haul the k-stand but take a few small cresent wrenches to remove the thread stand.

The motor if a clutch type when moving can be cantankerous as it weighs a lot, a lot. so watch it.

Another helper would be the ticket, also I purchased a couple flat moving ? carts from harbor freight a couple years ago for helping the moving of items, these are have 4 wheels and a square frame of simple wood about 16x16 and handy as I have a k stand setting on them now moving around the shop getting a new top installed.

hope some of that helps and its a great memorial find, later

Thank you! That's very helpful!

Hello, I saw that Juki on CL and was just wondering why the guy is only asking $1200 for a $2000 machine like that with 7 hours on it. Did he happen to tell you why he's selling it?

He said that his son was going to open his own canvas product business but he never did anything with it so he's just trying to get something back.

It didn't really seem like a red flag since the sewing store near me is selling it new for $1600

Plus 1 on that, If the store your talking about is Keystone and Gregg is a member on here I have to correct ya its 1610.00 on his site and shows free shipping I believe.

So your on a good find and you can always haggle a bit when your there maybe some thread, hey maybe a lb spool of solar fix $$$ maybe a servo installed motor, who knows and if you don't want the solarfix I do : )

Hey keep us posted and good luck

Edited by brmax

Yes good luck to you.

$1600 is a real good price for it new. I've been seeing it new for $2200 on sale for $1850 - $1925 with the motor upgrade.

What sewing store is that by you that has it for $1600? Do they have a website?

It might be worth the drive out there to take a look at that and talk to the guy weather it be Gregg or whoever.

Thanks!

Hey!

It is Keystone! It's on Philadelphia in the Northern Liberties area. The website is keysew.com

It's definitely the best price I've seen so far for new. I stopped in there once for needles - they're very nice.

Also, the servo motor is included :) no upgrade

Thank you!

Thanks for mentioning us, $1,610 is shipped price to business or commercial address within contiguous US, or $1,485 for store pick up. This includes sewn off machine, fully assembled power stand with servo motor. I don't like giving prices on the message board, but just wanted to be clear that it's less for a store pick up. Thanks again.