Here is a belt that finished yesterday. It is 8-9 oz veg tanned leather, lined with 3-4 oz leather. I used Fiebings professional oil dyes - Dark brown for the belt and Saddle tan for the lining. The belt was hand stitched with Ritza 25 (Tiger Thread) 0.8mm in Colonial Tan for a contrast. Comments, critique and suggestions are welcome.

post-37937-0-78115400-1432419409_thumb.j

post-37937-0-35212900-1432419423_thumb.j

post-37937-0-01309800-1432419435_thumb.j

post-37937-0-49134100-1432419443_thumb.j

Wow! That is a beautiful belt. Nice job!

Here is a belt that finished yesterday. It is 8-9 oz veg tanned leather, lined with 3-4 oz leather. I used Fiebings professional oil dyes - Dark brown for the belt and Saddle tan for the lining. The belt was hand stitched with Ritza 25 (Tiger Thread) 0.8mm in Colonial Tan for a contrast. Comments, critique and suggestions are welcome.

such beautiful work!!! please keep posting more of your work :) btw how many SPI if I may ask?

That's a cracking looking belt! That awl is beautiful too.

Thank you guys for your kind words.

thekid77, I used 6 SPI overstitch wheel from Tandy to mark my stitches. I am quite happy with a way my stitching looks on the front, but still have to work on a back side to make it uniform and neat.

Nice work! I like the contrast.

Nice looking belt. Stitching is awesome!

Very nice, you don't really appreciate a hand stitched belt until you do one. Nice straight lines, it looks great!

I used to use the same stitching method and I always had trouble punching that awl through the leather straight and keeping my stitches consistent. The front always looked good but the back side was a mess. I finally broke down and bought the Craftool diamond chisel set. It comes with one handle and ten chisel heads. Make a huge difference in my stitching which I struggled with badly. Once I bought the chisel set I could relax and concentrate on the rest of the piece and not have to be so focused on getting the stitching right.

Belt looks awesome, you should be proud.

Stu

Realy first class job, very nice on every aspect, the dying, the stitching, etc.

Chief

Neat and in good taste! Love the colors of leather and stitches. I wish there was darker brass furniture to match such leather.

Looks fantastic!

That's a nice lookin' belt there.

Neat and in good taste! Love the colors of leather and stitches. I wish there was darker brass furniture to match such leather.

The buckle I used has is Antique Brass from Tandy. It gets darker with time. I have another belt with the same buckle and it developed a nice patina after a year of use.

I used to use the same stitching method and I always had trouble punching that awl through the leather straight and keeping my stitches consistent. The front always looked good but the back side was a mess. I finally broke down and bought the Craftool diamond chisel set. It comes with one handle and ten chisel heads. Make a huge difference in my stitching which I struggled with badly. Once I bought the chisel set I could relax and concentrate on the rest of the piece and not have to be so focused on getting the stitching right.

I agree, an awl blade makes a huge difference. I used 1.75" John James Harness Awl Blade in my awl (you can see it in the picture). The awl itself was made by me and based on a design by a forum member "slipangle". You can read more about it is his thread.