Hello everyone, I have been invited to host a leathercraft workshop at an event that is promoting handmade goods in Taiwan and am trying to come up with some suitable crafts for the event. I only have one hour for each workshop, so whatever project I have prepared needs to work within this time frame. Both children and adults might attend (children with a parents help). Any suggestions is greatly appreciated! Thanks, Chris

Key fobs, coasters, bracelets, bookmarks, and even some little braided something. All pretty easy to do, and something that people can say "I made that!"

Is that the kind of stuff you are talking about? Or something more in depth?

Key fobs, coasters, bracelets, bookmarks, and even some little braided something. All pretty easy to do, and something that people can say "I made that!"

Is that the kind of stuff you are talking about? Or something more in depth?

I'd go with that... Bear in mind out of the 60 minutes per workshop, your students may only have half that time of practical work... something without stitching is ideal in that sort of time.

Thanks! Your suggestions are very helpful! Up till now, I haven't made a lot of smaller projects, mostly bags and wallets... So I need to consider a lot on keeping within the workshops time frame and budget.

What ever you decide to do, I would cut the leather ahead of time so that doesn't take up time in the workshop. And remember water and sponges to case whatever they make can be stamped. I'd bring an alphabet stamp set with me and a mallet for them to do the stamping. Also you would be teaching them about casing the leather. I am suggesting cutting the things ahead of time simply because that's the hardest thing for me. Might be easy for your workshop people. Also I'd take the basic 6 tools (no swivel knife) so they can stamp decorative designs with those too. Or if you are going to do several of these, you could build on the skills. I would start with casing, then maybe next time give them a pattern to transfer to the leather and let them use a swivel knife, next a beveler, etc. Later in the series you can get into sewing. But I don't know if this is how you have them set up. Just brainstorming :) Cheryl