willlord

What Is The Swivel In Rick Grimes Holster?

Hello everyone! I'm having some trouble locating a piece of hardware. I need to figure out what the "swivel" is on the attached holster. It looks like a large rivet cap the Weaver has except they don't make them that large. Looks to be about an inch diameter cap. Any idea what I could use to make a swivel holster like this? Any advice would be awesome! Thanks!

post-57948-0-08776300-1432867183_thumb.j

Not sure, but couldn't you use most any screw-on concho for that application?

I had certainly thought about a concho as the easiest way. Trouble is, I can't seem to find any chrome conchos or any with a long enough post on the back to go through such thick layers of leather.

Many years back there was a holster company, I believe it was Hoyt Holsters(?). Still not sure about the name, but anyways they made these swivel type holsters primarily for the west coast law enforcement. LAPD and California highway Patrol guys wore these all of the time primarily with the .38 pistols. The pistol gives you an idea how long ago this was. I do not believe they are in business anymore, maybe they sold the business??

The swivel allowed the wearer to customize their holster to whatever length they wanted. This swivel allowed the user to be able to sit down while the holster tilted in the sitting direction. I am not sure how this mechanism works or how they installed it. Sorry.

Thanks for the responses, I'll look into the post extender if I can't figure out what the actual thing is. I had seen the Ted Blocker swivel and have written to them to figure out what the swivel is, but I doubt I'll hear back from them. Unfortunately, Tex Shoemaker is really holding on tight to their little secret.

If you get on ebay and do a search for Ted Blocker holster it comes up with a few for fairly cheap. Worst case you could just cannibalize it.

If you get on ebay and do a search for Ted Blocker holster it comes up with a few for fairly cheap. Worst case you could just cannibalize it.

Thanks for that! I just ordered one and am going to scavenge it when it gets here.