I broke down and bought some liner material. Made this for a customer and now they decided they want a different design. Oh well..I will sell this one. They wanted a Roper wallet with a snap...easy alteration.

post-48901-0-75444600-1432956777_thumb.j

post-48901-0-21850700-1432956804_thumb.j

post-48901-0-37048800-1432956820_thumb.j

This piece needs some help IMO. One thing is you could improve the looks of the lacing with a double loop stitch or Mexican round braid. I don't want to discourage so that is all I'll mention, but this piece needs some help.

I agree with Rohn that a double loop stitch would look a lot better. It just adds a bit of class, I have done a roper wallet and find that the double loop along the edge looks very nice, I just have to learn to get mine a bit tighter, still figuring out what is too tight! Not the best of photos but it should give you an idea on the double loop stitch. Again I know its not the best in the world but it looks rather nice I think.

post-54720-0-08655700-1433020182_thumb.j

post-54720-0-30586200-1433020206_thumb.j

Yeah the more I think about it I think double loop is going to be better. The one I'm working on right now I'm going to use double loop.

not to knock the double loop but if you really want to step it up, go with the Mexican round braid. I used to use the double loop a lot and found the Mexican is not any harder and looks a lot nicer imo

Chief has a good video series on youtube to show how it's done

I do like how you went with a contrasting color for the snap piece but I can see that rivet working itself loose pretty quickly and causing an issue. I would have Made it more in a T shape and sewn it in place

Yeah rivets will work themselves loose rather quickly and hmm must look up this video you mentioned.

Thank you...I will look up that braid...on the closure...I didn't think of that but I see your point...I will do a T and sew it.

Ive used the triple loop lacing 'braid', but not really tried the mexican braid for a live project, I plan to as I think it makes any project look more classy. Hope its easy to splice.