Here is a WIP of the holster I'm working on right now. A shot straight off the bench. Main body is done. Still needs the stiffener, the belt loop, and swivel.post-57948-0-62506700-1433039988_thumb.j

Looks great. Is it finished in resolene?

Thank you and yes. Good eye!

Awesome...That thing needs a Sheridan carved belt to hang from! Don't stop now!

Real nice looking holster. Basket weave is nice and straight. Good stamping.

Hi mate, i know it's been a while but I'm actually working on my own "Walking Dead" holster inspired by the 42A, using an actual plain holster as the pattern. I managed to find a place that sells the swivel, and identified all the hardware. Would you like to know the seller?

Cheers

I'd like to know a source for the swivels. been thinking of making a "The Phantom" "Ghost Who Walks" type double swivel rig. Looks like they used a standard Calvary swivel holster and a mirror image of it for the left hand side.

On 12/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, Professor said:

I'd like to know a source for the swivels. been thinking of making a "The Phantom" "Ghost Who Walks" type double swivel rig. Looks like they used a standard Calvary swivel holster and a mirror image of it for the left hand side.

After some inquiries and searching other posts, I've found that Standing Bear's Trading post sells them here . You''ll have to either email or call them because it's a special order item, but from memory they're about 7 bucks + s&h. I'm gonna grab a few once i've got my pattern taken care of.

15 hours ago, grimdaddy said:

After some inquiries and searching other posts, I've found that Standing Bear's Trading post sells them here . You''ll have to either email or call them because it's a special order item, but from memory they're about 7 bucks + s&h. I'm gonna grab a few once i've got my pattern taken care of.

Thanks I'll check them out.

Someone in India is manufacturing a very nice looking replica of the old pre ww1  calvary swivel holster and garrison belt for the 1911, along with a leather double magazine pouch. prices were cheap for this sort of replica.

On 12/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, Professor said:

Thanks I'll check them out.

Someone in India is manufacturing a very nice looking replica of the old pre ww1  calvary swivel holster and garrison belt for the 1911, along with a leather double magazine pouch. prices were cheap for this sort of replica.

Sounds interesting, there's not too many of those around, I'll have to have a look. 

2 hours ago, grimdaddy said:

Sounds interesting, there's not too many of those around, I'll have to have a look. 

I saw these advertised on ebay at very low prices, around $60 USD at the cheapest site, but now I can't find them at all.

That's such a ridiculously low price for these I suspect they were mass produced as motion picture props for a period film and those offered for sale are surplus to the contract.

I don't have a 1911 at this time, due to a hand injury and post op infection i couldn't fire a pistol with a grip safety for many years.

I do have a Umarex CO2 powered replica 1911 which is extremely realistic. I've been using it to practice on my hold so i can use a grip safety once more, though I've had mixed results with my FN 1922 because of its smaller grip frame.

Anyway next time I run across these at any reasonable price I'll order one and PM you a link.